Chapter 4

Okay, hey...This is the next chapter feel free to comment or give a little criticism. I hope you enjoy! Thanks.

Chapter 4

   "Ms. Snow, will you kindly give me two reasons why Rome fell?" my History teacher Mr.Bennett asks. Sometimes when I daydream, I completely forget I'm in class.

"Yes, Mr S-smith." I stutter. I can hear everyone in the class chuckling. "Um...because of a failing economy and a um.. bad government.

    "Well, I suppose I can except that, Mr. Brown can you elaborate on what Ms. Snow said."  When his eyes move pass mine I start to breath again. I mean I love History but I hate being the center of attention. Plus, I have this class with Bryannah and Bentley so that makes it even worse.

  Anyway, where was I . So Bentley told Bryannah my biggest secret. I mean I kind of still hate him for it, but it's kind of pointless. Because he probably would tell her either way I mean the boy is like her little puppy dog.

  Even though I was only one I actually remember this. It was my first birthday. It was when it ws only Mom, Dad, and I. I remember that I saw that the door was open so I went outside. I remember I stayed in the driveway throwing my doll higher and higher and trying to catch it. Then one time I threw it too far, it was at then end of the driveway. I went to pick it up but across the street I saw a ball, a big blue ball. I saw it and I wanted it so I started crossing the street. That's when I heard my father scream behind me. Isabel, no. He ran across the driveway and scooped me up real quick. Then he put me back on the driveway. But I pointed back on to the street because when he picked me up I dropped my doll. I started crying and crying. So he went back in the street to get it. I guess he was so intent on making me stop crying that he didn't realize that there was a car coming across the corner. When he looked up though, it was too late. That was the last time I ever saw my dad alive.

  When my mother came outside and saw my dad laying in the street and in his hand was a doll. She never forgave me. I mean she never said that she blamed me for my father's death but every time she looked at me I could see it in her eyes.

  But of course when Bentley told Bryannah that she made it sound way worse than how it actually was. Something about me going to jail or some other thing. So many people have so many stories it's hard to keep up. That's when Bentley and I stopped being friends, and that's why most people are afraid. I never understood why I might wear funky stuff. But I'm 5'0" and I don't have any tattoos or piercings or anything but whatever.

  When the bell rings for lunch. I leave quickly and head over to my locker. Carson's leaning on it as usual.

  "So I decided that we don't have to go to that party tonight," Carson says.

  "I hate to break it to you buddy but I wasn't going to go anyways," I reply back to him as we walk into the cafeteria.

  "You're such a downer but, you should just come over instead. We can do whatever." Carson says as he walks through the line.

"That sounds good, I'll drop Bentley off and then I'll drive over."  

"Why, don't you just come home with me? Carson replies. "Go give the keys to Bentley."

"I'm not going to walk over to his table in front of all of his friends."

"Oh come on, Bell you're being a baby. Just go if he says anything dumb, I'll come over there.  

"Okay, fine," I say as I walk over to his table. I feel like the whole cafeteria is staring at me.

   "Um...Bentley you can have the keys." I tell him interrupting his conversation. I see everyone sitting at the table turn around, including Bryannah, and give me a look of distaste.