Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I slow down so that Carson can catch up. Even though I make it seem like like I don't care that I don't have any friends, I don't know what I would do if I didn't have Carson.

"Hey, Carson"

"Hello, Bell," Carson replies. So what shall we do this weekend? The usual?

"No, we can't. My mom's not going to be home this weekend, so Bentley's throwing a party." I say. "So we will have to do something else." Once a month my mom gets together with her best college friends and she leaves for the weekend. I don't why, but she always seems to leave Bentley in charge.

"I've got an idea, why don't we go to the party!" Carson tells me.

"We could go to your house, see a movie, or- wait,did you just say what I think you said?" I tell him trying to keep myself calm. "You know perfectly why we can't go to Bentley's party.'

"No, actually I don't know why we can't go, and if you're going to say it's because everyone still hates you, don't because nobody hates you anymore."

"Bentley! Are you blind?" I'm practically screaming now." If nobody hated me anymore, I would have more friends than just you, and I would have been invited to that stupid party." The bell to get to homeroom stops me from continuing my anger filled rant.

"Okay, See you later Bell!" Carson says like I wasn't just screaming at him. "I'll see you at lunch."

"Bye." He exasperates me sometimes. I think to myself as I walk to homeroom. How am I supposed to be mad at him,if he's not mad at me for practically biting his head off! But still he knows how awful I feel when he talks about Bentley or Bryannah. Their realationship ruined my life.

During the summer of seventh grade Bentley hit an gigantic growth spurt and I mean gigantic. He went from the cute little chubby kid I've always known to an absolute babe. Bentley also started to play soccer, baseball, and he even started making friends. He became popular, but he never seemed to forget about me. He invited me to all the parties he was invited to and never left me out. Everything was great until Bryannah Evans took a liking to Bentley. I've always known that Bentley has liked Bryannah so when he found out she liked him back they started dating. That was around the beginning of eigth grade. Everything was okay,too. Bryannah was nice, that was problaby because she didn't know Bently and I wern't really siblings. I mean of course I was jealous I loved Bentley but I assumed thier realationship would eventually fizzle out. Well, I was wrong and things just kept getting worse. As we got older Bentley and I stopped telling people we were really siblings. It just didn't make sense anymore. He became tan, I stayed pale, his curly hair eventually tamed and let's just stay mine's not quite like that.

That's when Bryannah started to hate me. Every chance she could she made my life miserable. I wanted to tell Bentley but what was that going to do. He was still my best friend and I loved him. I didn't want to ruin his first real realationship. So I sucked it up and took it like a big girl until, Bentley told my secret. The biggest secret I've ever told him. That secret is why I only have one friend, why my mother hates me, and why I never get invited to any parties. That secret is.... that I killed my father.