"What did they say, Eryx?" Lucifer growls out.

"They have been waiting for your mate to come home and take his rightful place next to their king. Hell was always meant to be ruled by two kings, and the Hellhounds have been waiting for their second king to rule,"

Ace is confused but he doesn't say anything as he looks up at Lucifer, who has a hard look on his face.

"How was Hell supposed to have two kings when I never intended to mate in the first place?" Lucifer growls out. Ace frowns at his words but says nothing.

Eryx tilts his head to the side as he continues to stare at Ace. "He came to Hell on his own before, the hounds tell me they saw him, even you, my lord, saw Ace Nova Williams appear on his own.

"No one can enter Hell unless they are Damned, to which they are sent directly to their destined Hell, or unless you have granted them permission. Ace was not Damned, and he did not receive passage from you, my lord. That is how you know Ace was destined to rule Hell by your side,"

"Ace did not know how he entered Hell though. He did not do it on purpose," Lucifer informs.

"This is correct. Ace is human, my lord, meaning he still needed your permission to come to Hell personally. He came in the form of a dream because it was the only way he knew how to get here,"

"Destined?" Ace asks with wide eyes. "What do you mean by that?"

"You, my young king, were born for Hell. You were always meant to rule Hell beside King Lucifer, always meant to become his mate,"

"But, if I didn't appear in that dream Lucifer would have never intruded on my brain in the first place, so how does that even work?" Ace wonders.

"It was always meant to happen that way, my young lord," Eryx informs. "Lucifer does not leave his kingdom often, meaning you would have been long dead by the time he ever visited Earth. You would have been sent to Heaven, and Lucifer would have waited another century before he visited Heaven.

"Heaven is a large place, my young lord, Lucifer would have had a tough time finding you. You could have even been reincarnated and sent back to Earth, to which Lucifer would have found you in a dream again. Lucifer would have had a pull towards you though.

"If too much time went by, Lucifer would have had a pull to go to Earth and find you. Or, he would have had a pull towards Heaven and found you that way. Either way, my young king, you were meant for Hell and Lucifer would have found you one way or the other,"

Ace smiles up at Lucifer. "Hear that Luci? I was stuck with you whether I liked it not,"

Lucifer chuckles. "And after you kept telling me off too,"

Ace grins before he turns back to the Hellhounds. "So, the Hellhounds won't hurt me?"

"No, my young king," Eryx replies. "They recognize you as their king. You could visit the Hellhounds by yourself and you would be fine. The hounds will obey you like they obey their king Lucifer. The hounds also sense what kind of person you are, they sense compassion and love from you,"

Ace raises an eyebrow as he looks back at Eryx. Then he chuckles and looks back up at Lucifer. "See, Lucifer, there is no reason to be so protective now, they won't hurt me,"

"I'm still not taking the chance," Lucifer says with a growl.

Ace sighs loudly before turning to Eryx. "Okay, so what do you mean they sense kindness and love from me? I'm not that kind actually, I just murdered my parents and neighbors in cold blood,"

Eryx nods his head. "You are kind towards the hounds and demons. You are destined to bring love and compassion to Hell,"

"Uhm," Ace mumbles as he shakes his head. "That sounds nothing like me,"