Whatever mumma told me that night started to make sense. Virat is nothing like I expected him to be. The car honking snapped me out of my thoughts and just then I realized, I was smiling the entire time.

"We're here." The car driver announced and I stepped out of the black car.

"I know you." I heard the voice which made me snap my head up. And my tongue tied looking at the man in front of me. I was in trouble.

Rahul.

"You are the girl with unique name. We met at the club in Caribbeans, remember?"

I nodded and gave him a smile, "Rahul." I took his name out of acknowledgement which made me grin at me.

"Asmita. Yes, I remember your name. How are you?" He asked more looking at me continuously.

"I am well, how about you? "

He just shrugged, "kicking and jumping as always." His answer made laugh and just then a cab pulled over in front of us and then he seem in a hurry. He bid his goodbyes and entered the car.

I sighed when I found jasper at the front entrance of the Marriott. He smiled at me and showed me the way.

"You are smiling." I observed in jasper. He almost never smiles, most of the time he has this serious look on his face.

"It's because, you cannot stop smiling ma'am. Having a good day I presume?" I giggled at his deduction and nodded. A few things were falling into place finally.

By the time I entered the room which had small bleachers and a mini stage in the corner of the room, I looked around hoping I would find any familiar faces. Huffing at the disappointment, I took a seat on one of the bleachers and decided to inform Virat that I had reached.

Just then I felt presence beside me and it was Virat with a widely smiling face. "You are here, my butterfly." I blinked and smiled a little more. His stare gave me flutters in my tummy. But when he lifted his arm and touched my cheek in an attempt to move the stand of hair away from my face, I stopped breathing.

"You are looking so beautiful." I didn't know that a pair of leggings with white t-shirt, furry boots and a leather jacket will score me a compliment. All I knew every well that, were my cheeks were warm by then.

"I am very happy that you decided to come. I want to take you on a date Asmi, a real one. Will you come with me after this?" His brown eyes held so much of hope as he waited impatiently for my answer. His palm held my hand and gave it a gentle squeeze, "please?" I couldn't help but nod at those puppy eyes.

Virat introduced to me some if his friends few of them were from the team, "this is radhika, Ajinkya's wife." the woman smiled at me excitedly.

"And radhi, this is Asmi. My fiancée." I blinked at the introduction, I thought he won't just yet.

"Oh wow this is Asmi? You are so beautiful. I understand your secrecy now vee bhai." Radhika pulled me towards the bleachers not waiting for Virat's response. and waited for the event to get started.

All lights got dimmed and performances started off. And a couple of them, I heard a familiar voice taking my name through the speaker phone once all the lights dimmed completely.

I found Virat sitting on the stool with the musicians behind him. He was going to perform. I braced myself, as a sudden wave of excitement wash me over.

"We've heard a lot of English songs, I am in mood of something Punjabi. What say?" Everyone cheered at his suggestion. "This one is for the special girl in my life. And it is important that she knows." Virat took a pause and his eyes found mine as he spoke away leaving my heart in series of leaps.