18: I'm not someone you need to be supicious of!

Beginne am Anfang

Damn this guy! I hate that I can't even retort since he's right!

"Aren't we confident? Alright, since you proposed so yourself, I hope you won't go back on your words later when I win."

Madoka smiled. "I don't think that'll be necessary."

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

The first game that Shizuka wanted to challenge Madoka to was a shooting game.

When they arrived at the old school shooting game machine, Shizuka picked up the pink light gun attached to the machine. "In this particular game we'll have to play as a team but the points are calculated individually for each player so whoever gets a higher score at the end will be considered the winner, okay?"

Madoka nodded to show that he understood then picked up the blue light gun.

After selecting their characters, the two began to play in earnest.

In the first three minutes Shizuka firmly held the lead.

Glancing at Madoka out of the corner of her eye she saw that while he wasn't doing terribly, he wasn't doing all that well either since he seemed a bit baffled by the game controls.

Has he never played this before?

Inside she felt a bit guilty for assuming that Madoka was familiar with the game because it was an older model but then she thought about how he had provoked her first and continued playing without holding back.

However, approximately fifteen minutes later, the gap between their scores slowly began to close as Madoka became more familiar with the gameplay.

By this point, a small crowd of excited spectators had already gathered around the couple. While these people had all seen skilled gamers in the centre before, it was rare that the skilled gamers also happened to be a young and beautiful couple.

At the eighteen minute mark, Shizuka became momentarily distracted by the shouts of a nearby child and floundered which cost to lose her first life and the lead.

"The pretty boy's pulled ahead!"

"Don't give up, onee-san!"

Shizuka bit her lip unknowingly as she refocused; however, her efforts proved futile as Madoka only became more and more skillful the longer they played.

Eventually, after playing for another twenty minutes, Shizuka committed a critical error and lost the last of her lives.

"It's finally over!"

"Noooo the bishoujo lost!"

Putting the light gun back in its spot, Shizuka moved to one side feeling resentful.

Ahh, I missed that last mark by just a tiny bit!

Once Madoka realized that she had stopped playing he let his character be ousted.

"Hey, young man, you're not going to keep playing? At the rate you were going you could've surely set a new high score!" shouted one man.

Madoka ignored him as he walked over to Shizuka. "What's next?"

Shizuka contemplated this seriously for a few seconds before answering, "A rhythm game."

Unfortunately for her, Madoka easily defeated her at that too. Following that he continued to win at a dance game, a biking game, a drumming game, a racing game, and a fighting game.

"Anything else?"

I've always known it but why does this guy have to be ridiculously talented at everything???!!