Chapter 1

*parts in book 1*
When you stopped in the moonlight that shined through the tall windows, Shuu's back was towards you. He chuckled as he glanced at you, his fist holding up his chin as the other hand held his left elbow. "Ahh, (Y/n) (L/n). I should of known it was you."

"You call this fighting because you afraid to." Your lips was to his ear, not pressing them against him. But you only leaned up close so you could whisper and for him to hear you. "Talk dirty to me."

"Should we follow him?" You looked back to see Noro going down the stair case, but that made you head down a different flight of stairs. "While you two do that. I'll go after (Y/n)." When Tsukiyama began to follow you, you ran into a dead end, making you give a deep growl like groan.

As you and her stood at the top of the building where you first were, you watched the main building collapse with a few CCG cops still running out of. You gave parted lips and took off your mask before smiling as the wind blew, towards Shuu who gave you a hand flip and a bow before following behind a few members he came into battle with behind the building. "See you soon...my sweet, sweet Tsukiyama."

All that happened a month ago, you were in your apartment taking a relaxing bath after getting home from work. Your job still being a photographer. Your bathroom was neat and fancy, the only mess was your clothing your stripped out of was on the floor.

"Mhm.." you sunk into the bubbles the tub was filled with to your chest with a sigh. Your hair was up so it wouldn't get wet and soak your pillow when you went to bed. You raised up your hand, running it with the other as chewed the side of your lips while deeply thinking.

Your mind was indeed on Tsukiyama. Ever since that battle in the 11th ward, you haven't seen him. The 24th ghouls have been protective of their territory, along with the 20th wards ghouls doing the same. With that meaning, you weren't allowed dine at Antekiu like you used to.

You gave a deep exhale, you've been in the bath for at least nine minutes and you still couldn't help but to say tensed. Your eyes were starting to droop, getting tired for it was around eight o'clock. Your eating habits were still the same, eating human who gave up reasons to live.

Just earlier you are pieces of flesh from one that you stored in your fridge at the very bottom, you liked to keep private, just like most female ghouls. After stepping out of the tub, you wrapped yourself in a towel, going towards your dresser to get you some warm clothes instead of changing into a slip-on nightgown you had prepared for you on the towel-rack.

You stopped in your tracks, warm water was still dripping from you onto the carpet of your room when you did. Your (e/c) eyes stared widely towards your window, you raised a hand close to your chest as the other held your towel close to you so it wouldn't unravel. The (f/c) curtain you had in front of the one-roomed window was lightly blowing. You didn't have an AC under it, in fact you didn't even have the AC on.

You walked slowly to you, you didn't smell a human, nor a ghoul around during the time. Your bikaku started to come through your skin slowly with each step you took. Your eyes started to narrow, but after jerking the curtain when you regain enough courage to do so. Your lips seeing parted, the window was slightly cracked open, but in between the gap was a rose stem. The bud of the red rose was inside your room, when the bottom of the thorny and lively stem was outside.

After pulling it slowly out from underneath the window seal and shutting it after doing to, you twirled it with both hands, the thorns slightly pricking you but not enough to make you bleed. You were about to give a small smile before you glanced down to see a folded piece of paper, it's position was proven that it fell off the rose soon after being placed.

You sat on your bed, you body was dried due to the towel already, the rise was in your lap as you read the words, which was in neatly cursive handwriting. 'My patience for you is soon coming to an end. Just like this rose. It won't last forever.' You eyes scanned over it twice, you automatically knew who it was.

Shuu Tsukiyama. The only man that comes to mind when a you think of, see, or even possess a rose. You blushed, you placed the rose and card on your night stand beside your bed you crawled into after changing and picking up your laundry.

You licked your bottom lip, giving a light sigh, a relaxing sounding sigh at that. "Tsukiyama.." you whispered to yourself when you turned on your side, facing the dark red rose that reminded you of drying blood, only for you to shut your eyes, then smiled to where your teeth showed a bit.

At ten you awoke, you ate the remaining pieces of flesh before changing and doing anything else you had to do before you left your apartment. You sprayed perfume on you to hide the smell of blood that may have followed you, but you with you being a women, you came up the perfect excuse for the blood stench, which you used twice already.

The elevator door didn't open on the first floor where the lobby was located, instead it opened on the floor below you, the second floor out of the five floored apartment complex. A young man, about a year older than you, stepped in beside you. He stood like a gentleman and gave you your personal space.

"Smells nice in here." You smiled, a hint of blush on your cheeks showed as well. "Thank you." "You're very welcome. I figured it was you. Fancy apartment but doesn't smell like one." You gave a puff through your nose at that, out of the corner of your eye you saw him staring at you, but you didn't glance. Instead you kept your eyes forward as you did the same when walking out of the elevator.

"Off to work as well?" You gave a confused look then nod, he was dressed in a causal business suit. You were dressed in causal wear like you did everyday, your job not being that exclusive about dress code. "Indeed." He held the door open for you, you gave a smile in response and went out.

"You have a good day. I'll see you aro-." When he extended his hand for you to take and shake. You were about to do so out of politeness until a street walker wearing dark grey, zipped up jacket, that matched his grey, suit-pants possibly male, bumped between the two of you, making the young man stop in the middle of his sentence and look towards as you did the same.

"People these days." When a cab pulled up, you went to it, giving a wave before getting into the car, the gentleman waving back. You gave directions and enjoyed the ten minute ride to your work area. The cab driver recognized you being a well known and talked about photographer and you were free of charge.

Your day was like any other work day, you took photo's of families, couples, newly weds, and even long term friends that wanted their portraits taken. You worked from nine in the morning to seven night on Tuesdays through Fridays.

You were on your way home now, you walked of taking a cab. You always did on the ways homes, so you could pick up 'snacks' on the way. You walked with a swing in your hips and arms at your sides. Not many humans would walk around when it got dark, but when they did it was only to get in their or a vehicle.

You walked for six minutes in silence, keeping your guard up, you were almost to your apartment. But you weren't heading straight there, you were going to turn at the alley way on your right. But stopped in your tracks after smelling blood and a ghoul. You figured scraps were left behind so you continued to walk.

Your hand was grabbed before you could react. You were twirled into it, your back was against the brick wall of the family owned bakery. Your hands where pressed against it too, your saw fancy men, dress shoes with dark purple pants over. When you glanced up, your eyes loosened in surprise seeing a familiar face.