❤️Chapter 22 ❤️

Destiny Taylor

I took a deep breath as I stood in front of my brother's house. I was waiting for him to answer the door.

"Lil sis, is that you?" My big brother opened the door with a huge grin on his face.

"Yeah, it's me bro."

I forced a smile on my face as I noticed my bro lost weight.

"Come in, what made you finally stop by?" He widened the door.

"I just wanted to see you. It sucks that we literally live like 2 minutes away from each other and never stop by to see one another." I pulled my bro into a big hug.

"I know I been slippin' on communicating I ain't even gon' front. I just been so caught up trying to finish up my house. When you gon' stop bluffin' and get in the studio?"

"I started writing music, I just don't think it's all that. Every time I come over you changed something around." I chuckled.

My brother expanded his house, he turned his basement into a gym and added a studio. He got rid of his tub and built a walk in shower.

He also added an extra room upstairs which used to be an attic.

I give him props for being a construction worker who also makes music on the side.

"Bring it over the next time you come over and let me see what you working with." He plopped down in his office chair.

"I always come up with new ideas, once I feel like I want to stick with that idea a new one pop up." My brother ran his hand down his face.

"That's like me with writing." I rolled my eyes.

"How's the kids?" I asked.

"There good. They're actually with there moms right now. You gotta see Lay, she looks just like you sis."

"No, I don't see it bro." I chuckled. "How are you feeling?"

"You know me sis, I'm gon' always be good." He slapped his hand over his chest.

"Promise me you'll take care of yourself, I know you're a workaholic but your health comes first bro."

"I got this lil lady. Don't worry."

I nodded my head hoping my brother would listen to me. My brother is the type that'll be so caught up working that he'll put his health on the back burner.

"I'm not playing with you Malik." I squinted my eyes giving him a serious look.

My brother bursted out laughing.

"You sound just like your mother."

I tucked my hair behind my ear rolling my eyes.

If I wasn't compared to my aunt, it would be my mom, and If it wasn't my mom it'd be my sister.