❤️Chapter 18 ❤️

Rico Carter

I was just about to walk off the register and clock out until that last customer came barging through the door.

"Bro, please tell me you have this game?" A little kid who look about the age of 12 asked out of breath.

"You're lucky man, we literally have one copy left."

I went in the back to grab the Minecraft game. The little boy face lit up when he seen the game in my hand.

"Thank you so much." He handed me a 20 dollar bill.

"No problem man." I handed him his change, bag, and receipt.

I couldn't wait to get off work so I could text Destiny back.

I was shocked as hell Destiny hit me up out the blue last week on twitter.

I haven't spoken to her in a year, and I promised myself I was going to take things slow with her. Even though I really want to be with Destiny I ain't tryna get hurt again.

As soon as I was about to respond to Destiny's text Krissy facetimed me.

I cursed under my breath before I answered the FaceTime call.

"Hey you." She tilted her head to the side.

"Wassup." I rested my arm behind my head.

"Where you at? I texted you earlier and you didn't respond punk." She said with a smirk on her face.

"I just got off work get off my nuts." I joked with her.

Ever since Rakeem's Little friend Krissy hit me up on kik we became close.

I thought she was jokin' when she asked me to be her boyfriend, but she was dead ass serious.

I barely know this girl and I'm in a long distance relationship with her.

The bus ride to my place seemed quick since the FaceTime call with Krissy helped kill time.

I was to busy laughing at something stupid Krissy said that I didn't realize Dija was sitting on the couch talking to my mom.

"Imma holla at you later." I quickly ended the FaceTime call.

"What she doing here?" I stuffed my phone in my back pocket. 

I haven't talked to Dija since our One year anniversary, and I still wasn't ready to talk to her.

"Well hello to you too Rico." Dija stood up as she folded her arms.