Chapter 13 - Reunited

Começar do início

    "Huh?" She asks, looking up from her phone. "Oh, right, Arianna. She's gross, and we hate her." She says, before looking down at her phone typing away at someone. Olivia and I look at eachother with a frown, but we don't comment when we reach Dawson's house. I grin when I see his parents are there; I haven't seen them in a long time!

    "Mom, dad, I'm home!" I scream out jokingly, slamming open the door and stepping into the house.

    "Bee!" Dawson's mom, Claudine, squeels, running down the stairs to capture me in a hug. "It's been so long! How're you? And the baby?" She asks, placing a hand on my stomach as Dawson and Arianna catch up and walk inside.

    I grin at her, which she returns "I'm good, the baby's good. Did your son ever tell you what we're having?" I ask, since he never told me if he told his parents or not.

    "No, he hasn't," his dad, Rob, says as he walks into the room, glaring teasingly at his son.

    Dawson holds his hands up innocently, a smirk dancing on his lips. "I wanted her to be here when I said it," he says innocently, walking up to me.

    I roll my eyes, wrapping my arms around him in a side embrace. "Well, we're having a," I tell them the baby's gender, and they both cheer.

    "I knew it!" Claudine yells, throwing her fist in the air, just like Dawson had when he found out, making Dawson, Olivia and I burst out into laughter.

    "D-dawson did the same thing w-when he found out," Olivia said between laughs, whiping tears from her eyes. It was pretty funny, it's not every day you see a woman in her late fourties do that.

    His mom joins us in our laughter. "Arianna, is that really you?" She asks a few minutes later.

    "I was begining to wonder when you'd notice me," Arianna teases with a roll of her eyes. I look behind her and stiffle a laugh when I see Olivia mimicking her. "

    "Sorry, hun," Claudine says, pulling her into a hug. "My mind was somewhere else. Now, are you lot staying for dinner or what?" She asks, stepping back with her hands on her hips. We look at eachother and shrug.

    "Sure, why not?" Dawson asks.

    "Hey, Liv, you should invinte Brad!" I suggest, wiggling my eyebrow at her.

    "Oh, who's this  Brad?" Claudine asks as she walks to the kitchen with us following behind. "Do tell, do tell."

    Olivia blushes and scowls at me for putting her on the spot like that, making me grin innocently at her with a shrug. "He's um, just this guy I've been talking to. We had a thing last year, and we might start dating soon." She shrugs, as if it weren't a big deal, but we all knew she was excited about it.

    "Well I'll have to meet him! Invite him over!" Claudine says with a grin. Ever since she met my friends, Lilly and Olivia, she's taken them under her wing as well, and she acted like a second mother to us.

    Liv blushes even more, muttering an 'okay' before she walks out of the room, already dialling her cell phone.

    "Actually," Lilly says suddenly, drawing our attention to her. "I just remembered I can't stay today. I have a lot of homework to catch up on, sorry." She apologizes.

    Claudine smiles, "that's alright, next time then."

    Lilly makes a nod of agreement, before walking out and we hear the front door close behind her as Olivia walks back in.

    "He said he'll come," she states, and Claudine claps her hands together excitedly. "Where'd Lilly go?"

    "She left, she said she had some homeworkd to catch up on," I say, frowning slightly, trying to remember if I was ever assigned homework, since I had three classes with her, and Olivia shared the other three.