Chapter Seventy Seven

Escape

Bellatrix stood right next to Draco, persuading him to come clean if he could recognise Harry or not. Draco completely could, but that didn't mean he wanted to say anything.

"I already told you, his face is too messed up to tell." Draco snapped at his aunt. Bellatrix growled in frustration as she paced the emptied dining area.

"Don't worry miss Lestrange, we got someone comin' who might be able to give us an answer." Scabior slurred.

Bellatrix flashed her rotting teeth as she grinned. Narcissa opened the front door, leading in Fenrir Greyback holding a still unconscious Arden Diggory. Draco did his best to keep himself together, using the skills he learnt through occlumency to hide his emotions. Lena clenched her fists tightly and improved her posture to put off a brave facade. Harry, Ron and Hermione however showed their concern by their expressions.

Scabior strutted over to Fenrir, and slapped Arden's cheek to see if she would respond, making Draco flinch. When she didn't move, Scabior grew frustrated.

"You idiot! I didn't ask for an unconscious girl!" Scabior spat.

Draco towards Fenrir, looking at the black tiled floor. "I'll take her down to the cellar, let you all know when she wakes up." He muttered.

Fenrir looked at him oddly, but Scabior, and the others agreed, making Fenrir put Arden in Draco's arms. Bellatrix yelled for Peter Pettigrew to open the cellar door. He scurried over, holding it open as Draco walked through. The door slammed shut, and Draco gently placed Arden down on the concrete, positioning her so she sat upright against the brick wall.

He held her face in his hands, tears streaming down his face as he examined her soft features. He felt her wrist for a pulse, feeling less tense as he felt her steady heartbeat and noticed her chest rise and fall slowly.

Draco gently ran his fingers through her hair, checking her head for any bleeding or other injuries. He sighed of relief as he felt nothing, and watched her. Draco held her hands tightly, mumbling nonsense as he waited for her to wake up.

Draco flinched as he heard shrill screams sound from the dining hall, that no doubt belonged to Hermione Granger. He closed his eyes, trying to block out the screams, but instantly opened them as Arden's hands moved in his.

She groaned as she readjusted herself. Her eyes fluttered open, staring at the ceiling. Her eyes widened, and she began to panic, until her eyes met Draco's.

"Draco?" She said in such a quiet voice, Draco almost couldn't hear it. A grin spread across his face, and tears began to roll down his cheeks again. Arden could feel her heart beat rapidly, and she felt nothing but warmth as she finally saw him again.

His arms wrapped around her tightly, refusing to let go. Arden sobbed into his shoulder, overwhelmed by his presence. Draco felt her body shake from the amount of butterflies she had, making him hold her tighter.

"I didn't want us to meet again this way." Draco said through shakes breaths, "but I guess it's better than not seeing you at all." Arden grabbed onto his face and forced their lips together, melting into a passionate kiss that the two of them had been waiting so long for. Draco's hands held onto Arden tightly, desperately not wanting to let her go.

Arden pulled away, taking a breath of air, "where exactly am I?" She asked in a slightly panicked tone.

"In my basement..." Draco sighed, "you were unconscious, I told the others I'd take you down here and bring you back when you wake up." Draco looked up, trying to listen to what was happening above them. "I just wanted to buy some time, to talk to you before you have to go up there-"