Chapter Sixty Three

Distracted

The next day, Lena was anxiously leaning over the rails of the Astronomy Tower. She had practically sprinted up there as soon as classes for the day had finished, so it was going to be a while before Harry would make it up any time soon.

Knowing that her father, a Death Eater, was about to begin a war if a specific task is complete worried Lena, and she knew that Harry Potter should be the the one person to tell.

She knew that Voldemort was planning to do something at any given moment, no doubt that he probably ordered someone to fulfil the task for him, but she didn't know what. She only knew that this task will trigger something, an opening for Voldemort, thus making him rise again.

Surprisingly, Harry arrived sooner than Lena had expected. He read Voldemort in the letter he had received, and immediately knew something was wrong.

Harry bent over, trying to catch his breath. "What did- what did you want?" He breathed out.

"Voldemort is planning something." Lena rushed. "And whatever he does, it's going to start a war."

Harry raised an eyebrow. "How the hell do you know this?" He asked as he examined Lena uncertainly. "What are you like some insider?"

"My dad is one of his followers..." She admitted. "I'm not going back home though, he's told me a bunch of things about his meetings and I guess it's backfired on him. I don't know if that means they'll track me down or what not, but even if they do at least you know the info."

"So..." Harry sighed. "What should I do?"

Lena rolled her eyes. "How the hell should I know? Ask Dumbledore or something! I don't know anything about fighting dark wizards!" She snapped.

"Well, you might have to soon if what you said was right."

-

It was odd as to why Professor Snape longed to teach Defence Against the Dark Arts when he was a brilliant Potions professor. Arden found herself almost falling asleep during his lessons this year. Although now that Draco sat next to her again, she wouldn't even pay attention to Snape.

As Snape lectured the class, Arden rolled her eyes at him and looked over at Draco. 'Kill me now' she mouthed to him. Draco sighed as he felt just as bored as Arden, but he wasn't zoning out every five seconds like she was.

While Snape had his back turned to write things on the board, Draco plugged his nose and imitated Snape ever so quietly, so only Arden could hear. 

She erupted into silent giggles, covering her mouth to try and muffle them. Snape eyed the pair out of the corner of his eye, but got back to writing once Arden quietened down.

Draco imitated Snape again, even parting his hair to be like Snape's.

"Arrrden Diggorryyyyy..." Draco dragged while using Snape's voice. "Pay..." Draco paused for a few seconds. "Attentioooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn..." 

Arden slammed her fist on the desk as she couldn't control her laughter. It wasn't the words Draco was saying that got her, but the voice was spot on. She held onto her stomach as the pain of laughter was growing. Snape slammed his chalk on his desk and marched over to the pair.

Arden's laughter died off, and she sat there wiping away tears from her eyes and taking deep breaths. Draco pretended to copy the notes from the board, ignoring Arden's laughing.

Snape glared at the two, knowing very well that Draco was mucking about just as he used to in first year. He always would sit behind her in Potions, and despite them disliking each other, Draco always took time to make her laugh, and ultimately get her in trouble for doing so.

But this time it was more serious. Snape was well aware of what Draco needed to do, for he was the one who was trying to get Draco to get a move on with his plans, to make sure that he wasn't in danger. 

Seeing he and Arden together again, giggling at the back of the classroom made him aware that Draco was becoming more and more distracted. He didn't want Draco to fail his task because he was too busy wasting his precious time with Arden, and he didn't want Draco to let her become his weakness, but looking at how Draco cheekily looked at her as she guiltily stared up at Snape, he knew it was too late to prevent that from happening.

"What are you two up to?" He asked. 

Draco shrugged as he copied the notes off of the board. "Dunno Professor, I've just been working the whole time." 

Arden rolled her eyes and punched his shoulder, which only made Draco's grin grow wider. "No it was his fault!" She defended. 

"I didn't ask who's fault it was." Snape spat. "But knowing you two for 6 years now I can only assume that it was Mr Malfoy." Snape looked down at Draco, glaring at him, giving him a look to stop messing around. 

Arden leaned back in her seat and smirked at Draco as he shrugged his shoulders at the accusation. "You should be focusing on your work, Mr Malfoy, and not letting things... distract you." He looked at Arden, then back at Draco.

Draco glared up at Snape, knowing exactly what he was hinting at. "I'm doing just fine, Professor." He spat. 

"Then why are you so behind?" Snape asked. He turned away from them, and walked back to the front of the room, resuming the notes on the board.

Draco groaned as he copied what was already written, not wanting to think about the task he had to complete alarmingly soon.

~

This was short, but this needed to get out there. A filler? You could say so, but at least it's leading up to what's going to happen (which you all know what eventually happens lets be real), and it's going to happen quite soon. Don't worry, more Drarden will come before that happens.

Hold on to your butts, kiddos.