♜five

~ I Ride in a Cab With the Gray Sisters ~

| j o h a n n a |

"So," I ask Leo. "You gonna tell me what this is all 'bout? 'Cause I'm hella confused."

"Uh yeah sure... one sec," he said, digging in his tool belt for something. He pulled out a thick gold coin.

"What's that?"

"Golden drachma,"

"Golden dragon?"

"Golden dra-ch-ma,"

"Golden dracomama?"

"Whatever. Now... Chariot of Damnation, come forward!" he called in a commanding voice, tossing the golden coin on the ground, where it promptly disappeared to be replaced by an old gray taxi cab.

Leo gave me flashed me that cocky grin of his and opened the door. As he climbed in I stared at the small seat in the back. It was a two-seater that was tiny. I mean minuscule. I sighed and climbed in, shutting the door behind me. We both groaned as the shut door door squeezed us together.

"Ugh," I said.

"Yeah," he agreed. "At least you get to spend a 18 hour drive squished in a tiny cab with the hot Leo Valdez, and not some ugly Jason Grace or Percy Jackson."

"Ugh," I said again. He smelled of oil and grease. "Who's-" I was interrupted by the driver. Wait, drivers.

There were three old ladies in the front seat/bench. They were all fighting over a small round thing that looked like an...eyeball.

"So, dearies, where would you like to go?" asked the woman who was currently in the driver's seat.

"Camp Half-Blood. Fast as possible." Leo said.

The car took off, smashing through trees and such.

"COULD Y-YOU PLEASE TRY-Y TO AVOID THE T-T-TREES?" Leo yelled as our heads banged together repeatedly.

"Ow," I agreed.

"I would dearie, but seeing as Wasp currently has the Eye I can't see."

"Wha-" I started to ask.

"Wasp please give Tempest the Eye," Leo said with a sigh.

"Never!" At that moment there was a squelching sound and the lady in the middle grabbed the Eye from the lady on the left. Then the driver took the eye from the lady in the middle and they started fighting all over again.

"I want it!"

"You got it yesterday!"

"I'm the driver!"

"The last time I had it was Tuesday!"

"That was yesterday!"

"Anger, give me the eye!"

"No! Wasp, you had it last time!"

"I'm the driver-"

"SHUT UP!"

Everyone stares at me.

"You on the right," I point. "Give Tempest the Eye," she handed the Eye to Tempest. "Good. Now tell me everything," I say, turning to Leo.

"Okay," he swallowed. "So have you studied Greek Gods in history?"

"You're gonna tell me they're real," I groan and lean back in my seat.

"Good, because they're real- woah how'd you know?"

I snorted. "How could I not?"

"Okayyy, well..."

He then explained how Greek gods and goddesses were real, and that sometimes they came down to earth and had children with mortals, called demigods, or half-bloods.

"So I'm a demigod?"

"Yup."

"And we're going...?"

"To camp Half-Blood."

"Which is...?"

"A safe place for people like us."

"Ah."

I glanced out the window and watched trees rush by. So my dad is a god. That's why I can build. It doesn't really surprise me, I mean, I've always known I was different. My eye lids got heavy so I leaned up against the window and fell asleep.

· · · ·

Someone shook my arm. I grabbed the hand and bent the fingers back.

"Don't touch me," I grumble.

"Ow," was the response I got.

I peeked one eye open and saw Leo nursing his right hand.

"You're awake!" he exclaimed when he saw my eye.

"No I'm not," I quickly shut my eye.

"Are to."

"Am not."

"Are to."

"Am not."

"Are to."

"Am not."

He sighed. "You're not gonna give up are you?"

"Nope."

"You're stubborn."

"I know."

"Well anywhore we're here."

"Where?"

"The place we were driving to."

"Where's that?"

"Camp Half-Blood."

"Oh yeah."

"Get up."

"Why?"

"Cause I say so!"

"I don't wanna."

He sighed again. "Get up."

"Nope."

"Get up."

"Don't feel like it."

"Get up."

"I'm tired."

"Get up."

"Tomorrow."

"Get-" he was interrupted when the car door I was leaning on was yanked open, spilling me onto the concrete. I felt my arm burst into agony as something cut it from my shoulder to the my elbow. That's gonna leave one awesome scar, I thought.

"Jo!" Leo yelled.

My eyes were still closed, so when something grabbed me by the neck. I didn't know what it was. I didn't hesitate though, to pull back my arm and punch it in the face. I felt something like sand rain down on me and I finally opened my eyes to see Leo staring at me.

"What?" I asked, a bit self-conscious. I brushed my hair back.

"You just punched a Fury in the face."

"What?" I had heard about Furies in history. "I did?"

"Yup, now let's get you to camp and they can check out that arm of your's."

Leo paid the Gray Sisters and I grabbed my bag. We walked to the top of a hill and looked down.

"Welcome to Camp Half-Blood."