Hoseok: Best Friend

The odd chorus of knocks at my dorm room door told me that either, my best friend Hoseok was here... and that's actually it. He had a weird way of knocking, he would call it special, but it was just plain weird. Nonetheless, I loved it. He was the only person weirder than me so we were a good match.

I forgot that he was still knocking at my door so I immediately sprung up off of my bed and set my phone down as well. His knocking grew louder as the seconds went by.

"I'm coming, calm your ass." I said while turning the lock on the door so that it would open up.

Hoseok stood behind the door with a book in hand. He looked different today; he had a white shirt and jean jacket with some sort of headband which pushed his hair back in a really fucking sexy way.

I shook the thoughts out of my head and turned my direction to the rectangular object.

"What's this?" I asked, reaching for the book.

He yanked it back from me while pushing passed me lightly into my dorm room.

"Is it for me?"

"It's for you, yes. But you can't see it yet. I came here to ask you something." He said while plopping down on my bed where I once sat.

I kissed my teeth and shut the heavy wooden door, making a crisp slamming noise.

"Ask me so that I can see my book, Hobi." I whined.

"Okay, okay." He began. "As you know, I am the captain of a dance group on campus,"

I nodded.

"So we are learning a new choreography and we are one short since Mina is out of town."

"Speed this up." I complained, leaning my head back and groaning.

He kissed his teeth and rolled his eyes.

"The point is, I'll give you this book if you dance with me..-I mean," he shouted the last part and cleared his throat after. "I mean, dance with us."

"Hobi..." I began. "You know that I am possibly the world's worst dancer. Why don't you get someone else to cover it."

"Y/N, I believe in you. You might not be good right now but you will improve, I'll help you. Being able to dance with my best friend would be the best thing ever. So please, consider it." He looked at me with pleading eyes and a small smile.

I stared at him, feeling myself give in to his cuteness.

"Okay."

"Really?" Hoseok jumped up and smiled the widest most beautiful smile that I have ever seen.

He jumped around a bit and hugged me tightly.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you,-"

"That's enough." I laughed into his shoulder and wrapped my arms around his torso, hugging him back.

"Want to get coffee? I'm paying!" He announced while releasing me.

"Sure, let me see that book though." I said, eyeing the book he held again.

His innocent smile soon turned into a smirk as he slipped it on my desk.

"I'll be waiting outside." He ran out of my room, barely being able to contain his laughter.

I shook my head and leaned over my desk to inspect the hard cover book. I almost started choking on air when I saw what it was: it was a book titled "Anybody Can Be Cool But Awesome Takes Time". A green sticky note was stuck to the first page and I peeled it off and read it.

"Y/N, if you said yes, congratulations. Here's a handbook for learning to be as cool as me. I know that you're lowkey jelly of me since I'm cool as hell, I hope this helps babe. °3° xx"

I felt a smile creep onto my face because of how dumb this was. I loved him for making me smile about dumb shit.

"Hoseok, what the hell!" I exclaimed while grabbing my jacket and leaving my dorm room with yet another slammed door.