"If you would like to leave first I will follow along behind just in case," I tell Rhonda. I watch as the car is started then disappears out of sight before taking my shorts off and changing into my cat, a quick snap of my jaws has the discarded shorts in my teeth and I set off at a trot in the ditch where I can quickly melt from sight if a vehicle comes along. When I arrive at the Homestead Ed already has the car parked in the shade working on it while Rhonda is sitting on the veranda in the shade with Lydia, a tall glass of something cold in their hand. Claire and the three boys are playing some game around the side of the house amid lots of giggles as I head inside to change and dress.

I go to my car and check my phone, frowning when I see Jazzy has sent me a message that Kali has been unusually restless since I left. I glance up at the over cast sky and frown, Kali is always hard to settle on rainy days. The longing to be with my daughter wars with the need to spend time with my wife. I glance back towards the house where she is sleeping on her bed. I know she will sleep a while longer before waking wanting to eat. I understand it is the physical effect of the twin pregnancy but I can't help a twinge of resentment of its demands on her.

"Problem?" Kia asks beside me startling me. I frown as I glance her way but hold out my phone so she can see the message, she glances at my face but doesn't say anything. I hesitate for a few moments before heading back inside, I pause in the doorway watching Rosy sleep. She is curled up on the bed, her fur looks soft and inviting, tempting me for a few moments but the thought of Kali miserable and fretting has me walking to the bed reluctantly.

"Rosy, hey come on, wake up for a few moments," I urge as I run a firm hand over the side of her head. I take a firm hold of her neck not far behind one ear and give it a gentle shake. Her eye opens and she looks at me for a few moments before closing it and yawning widely, flashing her long canines at me in annoyance at being woken up.

"Jazzy is having trouble with Kali," I tell her. There is no reaction from her and I pat her front shoulder firmly.

"How about I take the boys back with me?" I ask. "They have been here just over a week. Give you a day or two to yourself, let you sleep like the lazybones you are," I laugh softly managing to not sound upset with her need for rest when I am here and want to spend time with her.

Her eye opens and I am lost in the intense violet colour as I gaze into it, absently I scratch behind her ear as I keep eye contact with her.

"I'll take the boys," I tell her softly. "Give you some peace,"

There is no reaction for several moments then she sits up and rubs her head against my chest, even rubbing her cheek against the side of my head.

"I love you too," I tell her softly as she settles back down on the bed. I look back from the doorway as I go, the sight of my love curled up on the bed pulls at me urging me to join her but the need to go to Kali pulls at me also. Outside the boys and Claire are sitting enjoying some apple slices and a cool drink. I glance at Lilly where she is chatting to Steven while Sam glowers at them and I bite back a smile.

"Okay boys" I say brightly, "Who's coming home with me?"

All three boys turn their heads to look at me before looking at Claire with longing. I glance between the four of them and give an inward sigh, I realise I should have thought it out a bit more clearly.

"Okay, how about I come back tomorrow for you three?" This gets a chorus of cheers from the three boys and I glance towards Steven. He understands my look and gives a nod.

"I'll stay here and lend a hand," Steven grins.

"Do I get a goodbye?" I ask the boys. I have to smile at their distracted chorus of farewells, clearly saying bye to their dad doesn't compare to playing with their new friend.