38| The Big Catch*

***

After we got back from getting all of Doctor Lamden's research Cisco and I waited impatiently in the Cortex while Caitlin looked through all of the research. I sat down as Cisco began to pace around the room nervously and I knew it was still because he still had the ridiculous idea that Caitlin would become Killer Frost in his head.

"This is a complete waste of time." Caitlin muttered in annoyance as she looks up from her computer. "We're not gonna find anything in Doctor Lamden's research to tell us how to find King Shark." 

Cisco stopped pacing as he stood beside Caitlin. "Maybe I should take a look."

"Oh, yeah, cause you're the doctor with a specialty in bio-chem." She replied bitterly as she looked back down at the computer. 

"I'm just saying maybe you could use another set of eyes, considering." I heard Cisco try to explain, and I could already tell that this conversation was going to go down hill fast. 

Caitlin's head snapped up at his words as she slowly rose from her seat. "Considering what?" 

"Considering the way you've been acting lately." 

"What does that mean?" She asked accusingly.

"You are not yourself, Caitlin, and it's freaking me out, cause you have this icy look in your eye just like you did over there." Cisco suddenly explained and I stiffened knowing that 

"Over there? You mean Earth-2?" 

I immediately stood up, Harrison's warning still in my mind as I stood between Caitlin and Cisco. "Don't listen to him." I quickly told her. "What he meant was that..."

"You met  two my doppelganger, didn't you?" Caitlin concluded.

Cisco immediately shook his head as he looked away from Caitlin, but the determined look in her eyes told me she wasn't planning on letting this go that easily. "Look, I'm not supposed to say anything." 

"Why not?" 

"Because we're not supposed to say anything." I replied before Cisco could open his mouth again and make the situation worse.

"Francisco Ramon and Diane Lian Crock." Caitlin told us in a stern voice and I honestly felt stunned that she used my full name as I took a step away from her. "If you two don't start talking..." 

"Okay, fine, yes, we met your doppelgänger." Cisco suddenly snapped under the pressure and I sighed in defeat knowing that we wouldn't have seen able to keep it from her much longer anyways. "She's a coldhearted ice queen named Killer Frost, a meta-human who enjoyed killing a lot. There, great. Now Harry's gonna kill me and throw myself across the room." 

"Cisco, I'm not a meta-human." Caitlin stated firmly. 

"Okay, I hear you, but you're acting just like she did over there. You're being shut off. You're being detached. You're being cold." 

"Because I have to be right now. I just watched Jay get killed right in front of my eyes, just when I was starting to feel normal again, just when I was beginning to love." Caitlin explained, and I knew this explanation was just what Cisco needed to get over his worrying. "So if I let myself feel, if I let all of that pain and anger out, it's never gonna stop, and that's not gonna help me either, so let's just get back to this research and figure out how to find King Shark. Okay."

***

"Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the suburbs, King Shark shows up at your house." Cisco said in disbelief after Barry explained what happened at Joe's. Apparently King Shark showed up ripping the rough of Joe's house, and now we were all gathered in the middle of the Cortex trying to figure out what are next move was going to be.