10| Familiar Faces

***

Cisco, Caitlin and I walked into the Cortex early the next morning and came to an immediate stop at the sight of the man in front of us. When Barry called Caitlin and I this morning we didn't believe him but seeing Harrison Wells standing in front of us like if what happened five months ago never occurred was shocking.

"Very strange to be holding your autobiography, especially when you didn't write it and it's not about you." Wells said as he put down the book to face us.

"Dr. Caitlin Snow, Diane Crock, Cisco Ramon, meet Dr. Harrison Wells from Earth-2." Barry introduced as we now took a couple steps into the room. The three of us didn't say anything at first trying to process the idea, but we had so many questions going through our head.

"So let me get this straight." I said stepping up. "You're the doppelganger of the man who murdered Barry's mom?"

"And is responsible for both Ronnie and Eddie's deaths?" Cisco added.

"Yeah, but he's not even the doppelganger of the Dr. Wells that we knew because that Dr. Wells' body had been taken over by the Reverse Flash, who was really Eobard Thawne and Eddie's distant relative from the future." Caitlin continued to say to a very confused Wells.

"Yeah, I didn't follow any of that. I'm my own man." Harrison Wells assured us in a not so friendly tone. "I had nothing to do with the murder of your mother or your friend Ricky."

"His name was Ronnie." Caitlin corrected with irritation.

"Him either."

"You told me you have proof of your identity?" Barry asked in a completely serious tone that we rarely saw from him.

"This almost hit me when I went through the portal." He replied as he held up the bag that Professor Stein threw into the breach a weeks ago. "Your stabilized breach downstairs connects directly to the S.T.A.R. Labs on my Earth."

"Technically, this could be mine, but I want to run some tests on you." Caitlin stated as she reached out awkwardly to take her bag back.

"I'll be genetically indistinguishable from my Earth-1 counterpart. Your tests will reveal nothing."

"Great!" Caitlin exclaimed with fake enthusiasm. "Still gonna run 'em."

"Be my guest."

"Why are we even listening to him? How do we know he's not evil like the other guy?" Cisco asked in disbelief.

"He saved my life last night." Barry reminded us before looking over at our new version of Wells. "The question is why. I'm guessing you didn't travel between dimensions just to meet The Flash."

"That's exactly what I did. I came here to help you, Barry, to stop your greatest enemy."

"He already did that." Cisco quickly added earning an annoyed look from Wells.

"I'm not talking about Reverse Flash. I'm talking about Zoom." The mention of the name all caused us to look over at him questioningly. "I see you've already heard of him."

"Zoom has been sending meta-humans from your world through the breaches to fight him." I informed as I motioned over to Barry.

"Well, they're the symptoms. Zoom's the plague, one that's infected my world, and now he's coming for yours."

"What do you know about Zoom?" Barry asked.

"Everything. I created Zoom. I'm responsible for all the Earth-2 meta-humans, a fact I've ignored for far too long, but now I'm doing something about it."