Chapter 6: The Change

Country: Turkey

Time: 5 years ago

Rose's POV

The Day where Mason and Eddie were adopted

"Princess, it is time to wake up." Lorida tapped my shoulders lightly, trying her hardest. Pretending to sleep, I turned over, mumbling about nonsense. Somehow, this has become a morning routine, her trying to wake me up and me ignoring her.

"Princess," Oh, here comes round two. Lorida probably will ask me whether I am having breakfast downstairs or in bed. Since the shattered-vase-incident-in-my-bedroom incident, I am reluctant to go downstairs for meals. Although I don't really care what people say about me normally, as I was the centre of attention in the foster home, and palace, since I have arrived two weeks ago, I don't want to listen to the gossips of the incident. It was embarrassing. Not that I haven't committed to any sorts of embarrassing acts in my days in the foster care, but seeing the glares that sent to my way from the whispering guards and maids when they thought I wasn't looking is too much to bear.

The first lesson in the palace: News really do travel fast here, even though it consists of a few hectares in area.

"Princess," I whispered her next line in my heart about breakfast arrangement, "Here is your letter." Well, that's a change. This sudden change irked me that I shot up straight, reaching for the letter.

The letter was enclosed with a golden lining envelope, and an elegant letter came into view when I drew the delicate and expensive paper. It was too beautiful, I thought. It wasn't for someone like me. Someone who has imperfections.

Opening the letter, cursive writing came into view, which made me squinted my eyes to guess each word written on the letter. In the foster home, I never learnt cursive writing, probably because I spent the lesson outside of the classroom all the time, as I always seem to be able to find a way to annoy the teacher, Ms Casey. One time, I called her Ms Nosey as she did plastic surgery, which seems to make her nose even bigger than before when I was five. She hated my nickname, I mean, it actually suits her that everyone in our class laughed, and that's the start of a war between me and Ms Nosey, who always asked me to leave the classroom whenever there was a prank pulled in the class. It wasn't fair, as it wasn't every prank were pulled by me, well only ninety percent of those, together with Mason and Eddie, and every prank was one step farther than the last. But it does have an advantage of being known as the prankster, as Ms Nosey's name was like a disgusting chewing gum that stuck to her when we grew up.

Thinking about my old days at the foster home, I wonder for the millionth time, how's Eddie and Mason fairing right now, now their sister's gone? The unknown is unsettling and make my mood even worse.

I gave up reading the letter, then threw my head back on the pillow, staring at the ceiling. Hopefully, this can bring me peace, I thought. However, a knock sounded on the door at the same moment, disrupting my thoughts on seeking peace. I sighed inwardly.

"Come in,"I yelled, not bothered to get up from the bed. A guard came into view, bowing when he noticed me on bed. I read his name tag on the front: Guardian Emil.

"Princess, you are summoned to the dining room."

"I am not going,"I said in my princessly bitchy voice, a voice I had mastered and perfected in this two weeks. "I am not feeling well and better stay in to take rest."

"Princess, are you feeling alright? Should I call the doctor up to tend to you?" Guardian Emil sounded concerned.

"No, I...I will be okay. Just a bit headache." I pulled a lie flat straight, without batting an eyelid. Well, it wasn't a complete lie anyway, as I was having a massive headache on how to fit into my princess's role in the future since I came here. I had no experience in the royal affairs and dirty games that I am certain many will view my return as an opportunity to weaken Turkey.