• seven •

***Quick A/N: the next few chapters after this one will most likely stay in Bailey's POV.***

     Alpha Brayden Riker

It felt like someone had splashed me with cold water. Every cell inside of me was awake when we touched.

Her every breath brought me peace and satisfaction and my wolf seemed to be less restrainable than ever.

Every moment came with a thought of her and I couldn't begin to control him as he became even more aggressive at the thought of people harming her.

I knew it was wrong to punish Marcus and Kane for what they'd done but my wolf wanted blood for what had happened, it was hard to react any other way.

Part of me was also angry that they had touched her. I didn't ever want her to be exposed to anyone but me.

It was hard enough to have even one person gaze at her for longer than a few seconds. She felt like mine in every sense of the word.

I couldn't help but want to be close to her. I watched her sleep, listening to her steady breathing and the low thrum of her heart beat.

When I'd got to hold her in my arms everything inside of me was vibrating and I felt a sense of completion.

Her scent drove me insane it was sweet but fresh.

  And she was beautiful, with long brown hair and entrancing blue-green eyes that seemed to light up the dark.

She was tall– at least an inch or so taller than Isabella or my mother and she had a fit but curvy body that made my wolf growl in satisfaction.

His mate was everything and more, except that she was human.

My wolf wasn't at all bothered by it, he preferred our mate to be weaker and more submissive.

Alpha blood made him overpoweringly dominant, but my own human mind didn't help that cause either.

It was later around 4 am and I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep, especially with my wolf being so possessive of our perfect little mate.

"Brayden," My mom's soft voice filled my thoughts.

"Are you alright?" She asked when I didn't reply.

"Yes mother I'm fine, go get some rest." I replied back coolly, trying not to sound irritated but probably failing.

   "You should rest, you've been up all night and..." her tone let me know she was having one of her many hard days.

   "Rest mom, I will speak to you soon." I replied as softly as I could.

   For my mother, I would try to be who I once was in her eyes.

  She had been through enough and I knew it would be wrong for her to lose her soul mate and one of her sons.

   "Okay, but please rest Brayden." She left my mind.

   The world was quiet once more except for the patter of the rain on the window panes.

    I took her in. She was resting comfortably, wrapped up in my comforter.