• one •

Brayden Riker

3 years ago...

"Hey Bray! Let's go, dad's waiting!" Jason hollered from the bottom of the stairs.

Today was the day. Jason was turning twenty-one.

    You see when a first born son of an Alpha turns twenty-one, he is to take his father's place as head of the pack.

Our pack was big. One of the largest in the world. We have around seven-hundred members so there is no time for joking around.

My brother had been training all his life for this moment and it was finally here.

He gave up school, friends, and in general a social life. Lucky for me I was the second son so no one worried about me.

I mean I got general heir training but nothing as hardcore as Jason.

I got to go to high school and I was even planning on attending Harvard Law in the fall.

My life was good and so was Jason's. Our parents made a lot of money being Alpha's and owning their own separate companies, we both were doing the things we wanted.

Jason genuinely wanted to become the Alpha. He had been raised to. I on the other hand, hated the idea of having so much responsibility.

While Jason was off studying Wolven Law I was off partying. We were different in so many ways.

Even our physical features were different. I was brunette he was blonde. I had brown eyes he had blue. I was tan he was pale.

   But our faces were similar and our muscular physiques definitely told wolves and humans that we held power.

   "Hurry up little brother. It's a big night." He grinned.

    Jason was tall, taller than me and he had an army buzz with the sides buzzed but cropped hair at the top.

    He had found his mate, Isabella, who we all called Izzy, when he was 18 and they'd been preparing for the Alpha positions since then.

   "Aye I'm coming, don't rush me." I snarled playfully and punched him in the shoulder.

    We were classic jocks, the kind that play football and flirt with girls. I was definitely destined for fraternity.

    "C'mon, we're late." He fixed his suit and I adjusted my black slacks and white dress shirt.

   It was time for Jason to take his position. Him and his beta, Jackson, would be taking their positions tonight and would be introduced as the new Alpha and Beta team of Silver Stride.

    "I'm so pumped." Jason was grinning as we made our way to the tents.

    My parents had had this party planned for weeks. Jason becoming Alpha was huge for our family and the pack.

    My father was to step down, mostly so he and my mom could enjoy the next one hundred years together.

    Wolves are practically immortal, we can live a very long time. The oldest werewolf of our kind lived to the age of two-hundred and ten.

    There were four large canopy tents on the front lawn. I could see people dancing and could hear the clinking of expensive champagne glasses.