Thatcher's tanks were relatively close together and they were well guarded, killing the guards wasn't an option so Thatcher had to improvise. He crawled a couple meters East and opened some of his rations, the smell immediately got the attention of the dogs. Thatcher moved towards the tank with a mixture of haste and care towards the tanks. The dogs lead the soldiers towards the rations with haste so Thatcher had a tiny window to plant the C4 and get out.
Planting the charges was the easy part but he had under twenty seconds to be long gong he dogs would probably be able to smell traces of the rations on his fingers so hiding in the foliage wasn't an option. He had to move quickly without stepping on lose twigs or snapping branches. He could hear the dogs behind him, Thatcher was almost home free he just had to maintain his movement discipline and control his breathing.

More guards from both armies were arriving at the base, Thatcher had no trouble keeping his cool with the ground forces,well except from when their close enough to give him a kiss. Every time he hears that damn chopper fly overhead the hairs on the back of his neck stand up and not only does his body freeze but his thoughts do as well. If pilots switched to infrared instead of night vision Thatcher would be screwed. But they're not expecting to take contact all this security is just a formality, they have one patrol helicopter in the air for crying out loud. Thatcher had a few metered to go until it was safe to even bring his head up.

" A little steep my arse, Ali you prick." Thatcher whispered finally approaching the mountain
" E's MI6 what you expect, won't lie to yah lad I'd somthin a hell a lot worse if I found out you were fucking my sister." Mayne whispered before starting the free climb and Thatcher followed. Using grappling hooks wasn't an option because once the enemy started looking for them their jobs would get a lot easier. As they got higher Thatcher wonders if that helicopter would shine a light on them, it wouldn't of course but it's only paranoia if nobody's out to get you. Finding footing on the mountain wasn't easy and to make matters worse it started raining, one wrong slip and they were paste.
They had to perform s buddy boost a few times to advance but that only slowed them down by a few seconds, but the cold especially at this altitude was really slowing them down. Thatcher could feel his muscles seizing up but he pushed on, after all going back down wasn't an option.

When they finally made it to the top they spotted another sniper/spotter pair performing overwatch over the entire base. Thatcher drew his side arm which was a Sig Sauer p226 and Mayne drew his trusty Browning HP. They'd both shoot on Mayne's signal, they sneaked up on the other pair and as soon as Mayne gave the order two silenced gunshots went off in unison. Thatcher hid the bodies while Mayne took their radio and listened in, learning to speak Russian came in handy.
"Fuck, the Iraq buyer won't be 'ere til two days from now." Mayne said in frustration looking at the base in the distance with his pair of binoculars.
"What's the plan sir." Thatcher observing distant troop movement through his scope.

"Simple we wait til they show up, in the meantime I'll make sure my Russian is perfect an I give 'em status reports whenever they ask. The two adopted a prone position as if they're taking the shot right now.
" I'm getting to old for this shite." Mayne said watching the rigged tanks move around the base.
"Age ain't slowed you down sir, hell the Ghillie suit covers your bald head so no one notices." Thatcher said with a smirk watching patrols.
" You're a cocky bastard ain't yah, mister I'm fucking a princess." Mayne chuckled.
"How'd yah know ?" Thatcher asked
" Lad you're fucking a princess word travels, anyway wish you luck, From up 'ere I can see hostiles a mile out but I didn't see 'em divorce papers comin." Monk said with a slight smile
" Who said I'm marrying her or getting married period." Thatcher said with a grin.
"Anchient wisdom lad, Anchient wisdom" Mayne chuckled
"Well they don't call you Monk for nothin and using that anchient pistol just adds to the whole dinosaur thing you've going on." Thatcher laughed.
" This gun is a part of a long tradition you little shite, it's as old as the regiment itself and his passed down through the generations.

*
Two days later

The pair have been stationary this entire time and they were officially out of rations but at least the target was coming any second now, Thatcher could see a dwarf in a suit come out a armoured vehicle but he wasn't the target. He was just chatting with Karkov. Finally the Iraqi armoured vehicle came to a stop and someone stepped out, Abdullah Latif one of Saddam Hussain's top generals.
"Alright lad we've got a thirty second window before he pisses off." Mayne said whilst making a note of the range to target and direction of wind.
"He's a mile and a half out, heavy east wind, I've trained yah for this lad just pace y'self " Mayne said stating right at Latif through the binoculars.
" I have a shot." Thatcher said steadying his breathing waiting for Mayne's go.

"Alright Lad on my mark three,two, one" Mayne orders and Thatcher fired the round raced through the trees and cold breeze which made it slightly heavier but Thatcher already took that into account when he made his calculations.
Right now this round had a date with destiny. As soon as Latif went down mass hysteria broke out within the camp, the helicopter was scanning for them immediately. Mayne set of the C4 before the tanks had a chance to get moving.
Thatcher and Mayne descended the mountain as fast as they could
"Rob we need to leave." An odd feminine voice came out of Mayne's mouth.

*
"Rob, come on we can't be late." Belle was calling him.
"Alright babe, I'm comin."Rob was loading his Trusty Browning HP and followed her to the car