Chapter Thirty Five

The baby was crying when Selene woke up. She went over to the bassinet, and picked the baby up. She whispered sweet nothings into the ear of the child, looking at her sleeping husband. She rocked the child back and forth in the rocking chair. She loved her baby, and felt everything was going to be alright for once.

Just as the dream felt like it was going to be a good dream instead, of a nightmare, it got worse. The baby's face changed, and the baby grew. Selene dropped the child, as Levana ended her glamour of the baby. She was holding the real child, holding it, and being a mother to it. Then, she took Kai in a manipulation, and they left the room. They then went to Luna, and in the end, Selene had to face her own child as she did Levana years ago.

"Ahh!" Selene woke up, sweating and scared. Kai woke up instantly, and went to their bathroom, and grabbed her the glass of water. She drank it, and set it down. "Same nightmare?" Kai asked. Selene nodded, and he replied. "Maybe you should see the doctor. You've had the same nightmare for the past week," Kai said, taking her hand. Selene shook her head. She didn't want to see the doctor. 

It was true though. Ever since they announced they were having a baby, Selene has had the same nightmare. Lydia or Levana, or even Sybil Mira, came and took the only things that mattered to Selene away. It was reoccurring, and getting annoying, and scary. The more Selene thought about it, she got more and more scared, that her dreams would one day come true.

At first, she didn't bother to tell Kai about her dreams. He had enough on his mind, he didn't need to constantly worry about some silly nightmares his wife was having. And, they weren't always scary. The first one Selene had was this one, and it was silent. Others, however, were alive, and scarier. Levana or Lydia, would tell the child how it's mother was evil, and those were the scary ones.

When she started having the speaking Lydias and Levanas, Selene decided they weren't gonna get better. She knew she needed his help, like every other time before. So, she then sat Kai down, and told him everything. And, as a loving husband who cared about her, he sat there for minutes, holding her, whispering sweet nothings, and comforting her, in a way that made her feel safe.