54: The Hero

'Why Gray?' Keldeo spoke in my mind. 'Because you accept yourself being a failure?'

"Yeah. Because I am. Now go find a worthy trainer for you. Oh wait! You can't because I ruined everything and Team Plasma's gonna separate all of us!" I said.

'So you really accept you are a failure,' Keldeo mocked. 'That makes you a failure twice.'

"Oh really?! What's the difference anyway??!!" I snapped.

'Difference? If you knew you failed then why don't you make up for it?'

"Make up for it?!!! I'm already making it up by being alone once and for all!"

'Do you think you're making up for it? Standing there and not doing anything?'

"What am I supposed to do??!! I don't want to destroy the world twice!"

'Then, SAVE it,' Keldeo stared at me. 'Do you know why your Pokémon won't leave you? Because they recognize you're their HERO.'

"HERO?!! I JUST TRIED TO BE A HERO AND I FAILED!!"

'You know what makes someone a hero?' Keldeo looked me in the eyes. 'When they don't give up even though they fall lots of times. Heroes stand again even though they fall from great heights. They stand up to do what's right.'

"I am NOT a hero," I said. "I am not going to save anyone!"

'Then, if you won't,' Keldeo said. 'Who will?'

"Black will!" I said.

'Would you do that? Make someone correct your own fault?' Keldeo said. 'You are the only one who has the power to correct your mistakes. You are the only one with the power to save the Unova from what you made."

"..."

'We joined your team because of one thing, Gray,' Keldeo said. 'We joined you and helped you because you are our HERO.'

"But Black is the hero...." I started to say.

'Then who's Black's hero?' Keldeo looked me straight in the eye.

I stared back.

..

...

....

.....

......

.......

........

.........

..........

Who is Black's hero?

Who will help Black in saving Unova from Team Plasma?

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

"I am."