56: Into the League

"Woah."

The Pokemon League was HUGE. There were spectators everywhere who are making a lot of noise (can't blame them). I can see the Elite Four from here, dark master Grimsley, ghost master and novelist Shauntal, fighting master and martial artist Marshall and psychic master Caitlin. They were standing on the top of the VERY LONG stairs leading to the Hall of Fame. Behind them was the Champion himself, Alder.

The crowds were going wild when they saw the competitors arriving from the Victory Road.

But first, I'll explain everything. Every year, the Pokemon League opens for trainers who defeated all 8 gyms. Those qualified trainers should enter the Victory Road, a huge cave inside a plateau where these trainers meet other trainers at their level. The Victory Road is a huge maze, full of wild Pokémon. The trainers should survive and get out of Victory Road in less than 12 hours, if they didn't, then they could not participate in the event anymore, therefore they are disqualified.

The trainers who got out of Victory Road would defeat each other. A trainer who loses once would be disqualified. The only one who survived would be challenging the Elite Four, and if he beat all of them STRAIGHT, then he/she would face the Champion. If he/she defeats the Champion, then he/she would be declared the new Champion.

So far, nobody had defeated Alder yet.

I can see trainers spilling out of the Victory Road, it's still 5 P.M. and the other lot still have one hour left... I can see Ace Trainers, Veterans, and a few Hikers and Workers..... No sign if Black.

Maybe my confession at the Badge Gate made Black too giddy???

I keep watching the trainers spilling out of the Victory Road. Still no Black. I waited some more, making sure I scan all the competitors to see if N or any other Team Plasma members were there. There were no suspicious trainers anywhere so I can feel a little relief. I look over Alder and he sure feels kind of relieved too.

N not being here still means nothing. He could still be plotting something.

It was already 5:59 and still no Black or N. Where is N? More importantly, WHERE IS BLACK? Can he make it? Will he make it?

People were starting to make the countdown.

10... 9...

A girl with blue hair came out...

8... 7... 6... 5...

Two veterans came out...

4...3...

I can see a shadow coming out of the cave....... oh my Arceus..... is it Black or is it N????

2..............................................

I can see a familiar red and black hat and a dirty, grinning face...

"1!!!!!!!!!" the spectators shrieked.

And Black stepped out of the Victory Road.

"0!!!!!!!" The crowds (with me) went wild!!!!!

"Buzzer beater," a guy next to me laughed.

A couple of minutes later.....

"You scared the heck out of me," I said to Black.

"Hehe, I'm sorry I want to defeat every trainer I see!" Black said.

I ruffled his unruly brown hair. "At least you didn't get eliminated."

"Yeah! And my team got a lot stronger after defeating all those trainers!" Black said.

"Did you see N?" I asked worriedly.

"No, I was searching for that guy too, but I didn't see him," Black frowned, and Arceus does he look cute!

"I guess N didn't make it huh?" I said, still knowing that Team Plasma has other plans. "Good riddance."

"I hope N doesn't show up," Black said.

"Competitors, please enter the Arena," I heard the Elite Four's voice. "The competition would be starting shortly."

"Ooops!" Black said. "I need to get going!" he kissed me on the cheek. I think I'm going to melt.... WAIT WHY AM I MELTING?!

"Good luck," I managed to say as Black ran toward the arena.

Good luck to me too, because I'm going to face my own destiny.

I walked toward the entrance where the Elite Four is located, showing Alder and Professor Juniper's permission to the guards.

Its time to find Team Plasma and finish this thing.