6: First (three) Battles! Part 1

"Whew. I thought you already quit," Black said with a smirk as he stood there with his Tepig.

Hmph. I'll show you... You pathetic little...

"Me, quit?" I smirked back. "Are you joking or something?" I'm not going down without a fight, even if it's a verbal battle.

"Let's just get this over with," Cheren groaned. Obviously, he doesn't want a fight.

"I'll battle Gray first!" Bianca announced, totally oblivious with the competition. "Go, Lillipup!" her freshly caught Pokémon yapped as it was released.

"Beat her up, Umbra!" I took out Zorua.

All three got their Pokédexes from their bags and looked Zorua up. Wow. It was kind of depressing and insulting at the same time.

"Where's yours?" Cheren asked me.

"I... I d-don't have any!" I said. Are they showing off or something? If they did, they sure succeeded.

"We can share," Black gave a sly grin.

"No thanks," I said with gritted teeth. I am not going to share anything with Black.

"Suit yourself," he replied, still grinning like a Confragrius.

"Umbra, use Pursuit!" Umbra followed, hitting Lillipup and sending the pup sprawling on the grass.

"Lilli, use Tackle!" Bianca said, rather unsure.

"Ain't gonna work. Dodge it! Then use Fury Swipes!" Umbra dodged the attack with ease, then scratched Bianca's Lillipup five times in the side.

"Tackle!" Bianca commanded.

I knew Zorua's not gonna dodge that attack since he was too close. Bianca got lucky with a critical hit.

"Scratch!" Umbra scratched Lillipup on the face with an evil smile. The normal-type finally fainted while Umbra gave a huff of pride. 

"I'm not done yet! Oshawott, Tackle!" Bianca took out her water-type Oshawott. 

Oshawott hit Umbra rather hard, but I'm not going to lose this one.

"Go defeat it with Fury Swipes," Zorua scratched Osha five times.

Oshawott gave a mean look at Zorua then charged up with a Tackle. It was another strong hit and Umbra was not expecting the reaction from his opponent, so he fainted.

"Good job, Umbra, return. Doubleslap, Shiny!" I took out my Minccino who attacked at full power, no hesitation.

"Osha! Use Tackle!"

"Dodge it, Shiny, then use Pound!"

"Oshawott, dodge and then Tackle!"

Oshawott managed to dodge her attack but Shiny managed to dodge its attack as well. We're both in our last Pokémon and I'm not planning to lose!

"Swift!"

Ha. Oshawott can't dodge this. In the last minute of our training, I managed to teach Shiny this attack and made her practice on some berries that grew on Route 1's trees. The attack hit Oshawott and gave no chance of escape. As I expected and planned, Oshawott fainted as the flurry of stars hit him square in the chest.

"Aww... I lost!" Bianca wailed like a little kid. For a second, I felt guilty but hey, this is a Pokémon battle. Win or lose.

"Nice work, Shiny!" I pat her on the head. "You're pretty great Bianca, just keep training."

"Thanks," she muttered, then gave me my prize money with a sniff.

"Fine then. It's my turn now," Cheren said, all formal and business. "But first, let's heal your Pokémon so we can fight fair and square."

With a spray from some sort of Potion, my Pokémon and Bianca's were fully healed.

"Okay then, here I go!"

(Edited: 4/4/16)