Percy

Percy's eyes struggled to open, he seemed to be in some sort of...gel? Well, whatever it was, it was thick and slimy and felt completely disgusting. Percy pictured himself in a giant lava lamp, or worse, inside the stomach of something. Deciding it was safer not to open his eyes, Percy took stock of the position he was in. his hands still seemed to be tied and he could still feel the cuts all over his body. He had no idea how on earth he was still alive, but he knew he was. He had been to the underworld before and it was nothing like this. Percy's long hair was floating in a halo around his head, as if he was swimming. Suddenly two voices started talking underneath him. One of which was the mist man and the other was... no... Percy couldn't believe it. He wouldn't work for this man even if his life depended on it. Percy snapped his eyes open and saw someone who he was sure would never swap sides. Nico Di Angelo.

Nico and the mist man were talking about something that Percy could only just hear through the (now that he could see it) green gel he was in. it sounded like;

"I have Zeus's body locked up sir."

"Well done. There may be some hope for you yet!"

".... thankyou?"

"Now, your next task is to drop broken boys ball........."

The speaking faded as Nico and Mist man walked away. Percy, now with his eyes open saw that he was not in a lava lamp or a stomach but in a large glass sphere hanging by a single chain from the ceiling. Being in the gel that filled the sphere meant he couldn't move any body part except his eyes.

Percy thought about the conversation Nico and the mist man had had. Nico had said the he locked up Zeus's body, which means that Zeus's body was near, that was obvious. One thing that didn't make sense was that last line. Now, your next task is to drop the broken boys ball....... What did that even mean? Percy thought for a moment then looked to his right. As he had suspected there were three other glass balls hanging from the ceiling and in each of them was one of his friends.

The person closest to him was frank, whose eyes were still closed. Beside frank was piper, she was unconscious as well. Next to her was hazel, the only other person who was awake. Their eyes locked for a moment then she looked away. None of the others had red gashes along their skin like he did and he was glad they hadn't suffered that much.

Suddenly an idea formed in Percy's head. Nico and the mist man had been talking about a 'broken boy'. None of the others were hurt, at least on the outside. Seeing as though there were only four people being held to the ceiling and Percy was the injured one, that made Percy the so called 'broken boy' and....... The truth slammed into him so hard that he almost winced. They were going to cut the chain holding him to the ceiling, the sphere would fall about 50 feet, the glass would then smash on impact, killing him in the process.

Percy needed to find a way to get out of the sphere, fast. He met eyes with hazel again and tried something that he knew would never work, he tried to communicate with Hazel the same way he communicated with sea life.

Hazel? he asked and it worked.

Percy?!? Hazel replied, her thoughts quite flustered.

I've got something to tell you something he told her and he did.

He told hazel the true meaning of the mist man and Nico's conversation.

We have to do something!!!! Hazel thought

Hazel and Percy brainstormed for a moment. They decided that Hazel would use her powers to move the chain holding up Percy's ball so that she could lower him to the ground, but, when she tried she couldn't do it.

My powers aren't working! She thought, panicked.

We'll have to think of something else then, fast! Percy thought frantically.

There was a noise below them like footsteps. Percy glanced down and his heart sank. Nico was here