Chapter Five: Execute Plan

Bam!

"You idiot!"

Boogsh!

"This is the worst plan."

Pa!

"Ever!" I shouted one by one before jumping and avoiding the large green fireball heading my way.

"You just have to provoke the fire demon. Great choice!"

I gasped, struggling to catch my breath.

Seven then jumped towards my direction, "It's the only choice. We need to defeat the fire demon when its power is weak."

I rolled my eyes, "You call that weak?! And how the heck are we going to defeat it if we can't even see it!"

Standing up, I immediately readied myself to evade the attacks of the fire demon,

"Don't waste the efforts of the people of Epiphyllum." I reminded him.

The plan was executed perfectly and the people are already heading towards Bluebells. Star Matrix, a barrier was made around the town to prevent the demon from escaping while we're fighting it.

Right now, the four of us are fighting the fire demon before midnight. They chose to fight the demon when is at its weakest. Although we can't see the demon because it can't maintain its true form due to lack of power, the fireballs the demon has been throwing us is enough to burn our bodies to ashes.

Heck, even us Air Mages can't use the spell of 'Elimination'. A spell that can dissolve an element inside an element. In our case, we need to dissolve the gas inside the fire.

"The attacks are becoming stronger! Only an hour left before midnight!" Grey shouted to inform us.

I cursed.

"Feel the demon's presence!" Shade reminded us as he jumped towards an abandoned alley before he disappeared.

Slowly, I closed my eyes and calmed myself. I heightened my senses as I try to pinpoint the location of the demon. And

Bingo.

I teleported towards a nearby tree where I felt the demon's presence. As time goes by, slowly, i'm starting to feel the demon's presence. Although i'm not an X-rank mage, i'm able pinpoint its location due to its leaking power increasing every passing minute.

"Air daggers! Cut open anything that stands your way!" I chanted as dozen of golden daggers slashed through where I felt the demon's presence.

I heard the demon wailed before green goo flowed out from the demon. Suddenly, it bellowed and a large green fireball rushed towards my direction.

"Amber!"

Shade suddenly fell out of nowhere and appeared in front of me. He clasped his hands before chanting a spell,

"Crystal Matrix! Protect us from harm!"

A six-pointed white star surrounded by a circle appeared beneath us. As the fireball collided with the invisible shield provided by the matrix, slowly, it's starting to disappear as Shade started sucking its power.

Everything happened so fast that I wasn't even aware that Shade is already chanting another spell, "Shadow serpent! Bind the demon from its place!"

A large snake appeared from Shade's shadow as it rushed towards the demon and coiled itself around it. The snake shook, and it's obvious that the demon is trying to escape.

"Quick! Attack the demon before it escapes!"

Grey and Seven appeared from behind a large tree and started attacking the demon.