Chapter Seven: Comeback

Seven's POV:

My eyes widen as I look at the fireball shooting towards us. I closed my eyes and waited for my skin to burn.

But.

I suddenly felt a protection barrier surrounded the four of us which enables us to survive the blazing heat of the fireball. Although we are saved from getting ourselves barbequed, the impact of the fireball threw us a few meters away.

I unconsciously looked at Amber. Judging from the situation, I guess she's the one who made the barrier.

'I should thank her later.'

Pain suddenly struck my body. I involuntarily groan. I turned sideways and clearly saw how the demon started chanting spells and chains slither its way towards Amber's feet and arms.

I was about to shout but Amber beat me to it.

"No! Freak, don't be a coward! Come and attack me! Not them! You vile creature!"

Realization hit me as I saw the demon slowly approaching us with a fireball, slowly enlarging, in its hands. I immediately scrambled my way to stand.

"What do we do now?" Grey asked.

I shrugged and looked at Amber who is unconscious.

"We can't depend on Amber now, she's unconscious. Shade, hide Rosary in a safe place. We'll distract the demon until Amber wakes up." I instructed.

Shade nodded and teleported. After a few minutes, he appeared in front of us.

Grey's eyes suddenly widen as he pointed at something behind us, "Look out!"

Sensing the heat of the fireball, I dodged to the right. I shook my hand and my weapon reappeared again. My weapon is a staff. Its handle is color royal blue with gold and it has a medium-sized crystal ball on top.

I turned and saw the two with their weapons readied. Grey's weapon is a transluscent whip. Its chains are almost invisble except for the silvery-white colored handle. While Shade's weapon is a black katana with dark violet ancient writings on it.

We didn't waste any second as we immediately charged towards the demon.

It roared excitedly and dozens of large fireballs, twice our size, shoot towards us.

We could only avoid the fireballs. It's too big and powerful for even us to handle.

"How strong is this demon?!" Shade asked while jumping from tree to tree. The Serene Park looks dull and almost all the trees are burned to ashes now.

"It's a seventh-level demon. At its weak state its enough for a peak S-rank. But now, it needs atleast an intermediate T-rank defeat it." Grey informed us.

Shade gasped, trying to catch his breath, "Amber... what level is she now?"

"I heard that she is about to breakthrough peak S-rank level."

Grey then forehead creased, "If the four of us joined together, we could still defeat it. But because we aren't yet fully recovered, we couldn't use our magic to its extent. In our situation, we need atleast a peak O-rank mage."

"Damn these injuries." I cursed.

"It's time! They should be fine now! If we use them, it's enough to atleast weaken the demon a bit!" Shade suggested. We could only nod.

The three of us then form a triangle. Under us is the magic symbol.

Magic symbol is an indicator of using advanced and forbidden techniques, curses, matrixes and summoning. The symbol is a six-pointed white star with a circle surrounding it.