Chapter 19: Firery Goils

Mulai dari awal

"What eva," I said, throwing my hands up. "Jus tryin' to bring a positive mood today, but if you's want I can be neagtive." I started to turn away.

"Awright, awright, I'm up." Race lifted himself from his pillow. He rubbed his eyes with his hands and pushed the covers off his body. "Where's you plannin' on goin'?" 

"We's could go down to the dock and see some ships. Or we could go see a show at Medda's..." I said.

Race quickly turned his head towards me. "Let's go see Medda!" I said.

I laughed. Race was in love with Medda, that's why I suggested it. He then looked embarrassed and settled down a bit.

"Mush, you comin'?" I asked.

"Sure, why not." He said. "We's got nothin' else to do."

Kid then walked up behind us. "What's up guys?" He nodded to us. "Whatta plan on doin' today? Not sure what to do wit me self."

"We're goin' to see Medda, you want in?" I told him.

"Of course I do." He smiled.

The three boys got themselves ready and we headed out. We said goodbye to Mr. Kloppmann and walked out the door. 

"Wonder if we's will be able to get into Medda's through the back entrance. Afta yesterday, the bulls are probably ova there." Mush said.

I shook my head. "Miss Medda would neva allow the bulls to surround her theata. You knows her, she likes us and wants to keep the place friendly."

Mush sighed. "Hopefully."

We then all passed by the gates to get the newspapers. We stopped and looked in for a second to see who was there, and of course, we saw Jack. He was talking to Mr. Weisel and the Delancy Brothers were behind him. They looked like they were antagonizing him, because Jack tried hit one of them, but them stopped before he even got the chance. Jack would have given anything just to hit the Delancy Brothers, just for fun. The brothers laughed and walked down the stairs. They then strut into the street, and saw us four standing there, not looking happy. 

"Well, well, well, what do we have 'ere?" Morris taunted. 

Great, I rolled my eyes. We should have kept walking, I was not in the mood to deal with these guys. 

"Jus a couple of low life no bodies. lookin' for some trouble." Oscar says. Not a very clever come back. If Race was in the mood, he would have come up with a good one, but he didn't look like it. He always was teasing the brothers.

"Knock it off." Race says. "We's don't work for your dumb uncle, Mr. Weasel, any more, so beat it."

"Oh, oh, I see how it is." Oscar said. "You's guys miss your jobs? You can get 'em back if you like? Just work side by side with Jackie boy here, and, you's good!" 

"That's a hilarious joke Oscar, I'm laughing on the inside." I told him. I gave him a cold stare.

"Woah, Jackie boys sista is a feisty one. You know, I like my goils firery." He winked at me.

Are you kidding me? Who does he think I am? That comment made me mad. I was not like other girls. My fists clenched and I pursed my lips. But then I came up with a plan.

I pretended to look entranced in Oscar. I stepped up and walked slowly towards him.

"Well, Oscar, I think you's might have jus scored your self a goil." I smiled at him.

Oscar and Morris looked at each other. They were confused and surprised.

"Come on, don't tell me you's neva got wit a goil before, have ya?" I asked.

Oscar was fidgeting. "I so have! A few actually."

"What's another." I said.

I got up close to his chest. I put my arm around his shoulder. Oscar smiled. I can't actually believe he was falling for this. We leaned forward to go in for a kiss, and then this is where my plan came together.

I took my other hand (not on his shoulder), and socked him right in the jaw, hard. I then swung again and hit him in the nose. He fell back and held his nose. Blood was pouring out, and I didn't cut through the skin on his jaw, but it was red and obvious that it was going to bruise later. 

Oscar looked up at me with disgust and he was defiantly again, surprised. Morris then tried to lunge at me, but was stopped by Mush who grabbed him from behind and through him to the ground. Race and Kid came up next to me. Us four stood together. We all smiled. Messing with the Delancy Brothers were one of our favorite things. The two boys stood there, giving a cold stare, then took off in another direction. 

Race looked at me and nodded. "Nice actin' Finn." We laughed.

"Jus doin' what I do best." I pretended to flip my hair behind my back.

"Yeah, kickin' their ass to the ground." Kid said.

I nodded at Mush. "Hey, thanks Mush."

"It was no problem." He said. "I had to get my fair share in there too."

We all laughed, then Jack walked by us. Our smiled died, and we all just stared. Jack knew better not to say anything. He just gave us a quick glance and then looked in the direction he was going. Us four looked at each other, hurt, betrayed, same feelings as yesterday.

We came up to the theatre, and found no cops around. The coast was clear. We went in through the back and entered Medda's staging room. We looked around and she wasn't in there. There was no show going on, so usually she was back here. We walked up the stairs and on to the stage. We saw her sitting on her swing hanging from the ceiling. She was kicking her self back and forth, but not going too high.

"Heya Medda." I said.

She turned around, confused on who was calling her name. She then smiled. "Finn! She hopped off her swing and raced over to me. She gave me a hug. 

"So glad your okay kid." She pulled away. "Why, hello Race, Mush, Kid! Nice to see you boys again." 

The boys said they're hellos, and then Medda brought her attention back to me. "So, did everything work out okay? How's Jack?"

I sighed. "Well, Jack's not here."

"What happened?" Medda asked.

"He's..." I did not feel like explaining what happened. I don't think I could hold it in. "He's in the refuge, and we can't get him out. We've tried a bunch of times, but guards are heavy on him."

"Oh Finn, I'm so sorry." She gave me another hug. "Let me ask around and see what I can do."

"Thanks Medda." I said. 

She sighed. "Well, I'm pretty sure you guys didn't come here to talk about this, I have a show in a half an hour, why don't you guys stay?"

The boys all said, "Yes!" at the same time.

I laughed. "We'd love ta Medda."

I stayed in the stage room while the boys took a balcony seat. Medda then went on stage and began to perform. I stood by the stairs, just partially watching the stage. My thoughts took over, and I realize, while I was with the boys, I didn't think about Jack. They made me forget about my troubles. They felt like brothers to me. You know what, they were. They were my family now, and they always have been, I just realized it. And Spot. He made me feel things I never have before. I don't know who he was in my family yet, but I knew he was apart of it. I loved him, more than I have ever loved someone. I should go see Spot, I missed him, even though I left Brooklyn only a couple of hours ago.

Just as I was about to go see him, I heard a voice behind me. "Thought I'd find ya here."

It was Spot. I smiled and jumped into his arms. I leaned forward and gave his a kiss. Spot kissed me back.

"What was that for?" He asked, smiling.

"No reason." I told him, then leaned in for another kiss. "Let's go."

He nodded and we walked out the back door together. 

_________________