Chapter 19

A few days later

My eyes caught sight of the vampire I once called my friend, my nose eagerly searching for his scent. He would be my first real battle since I ran away. My body still ached from my first battle with him, though I was completely healed. During the past few days, Kayla tried her hardest to persuade me to become her mate.

She managed to rope in my wolf, but I wasn't falling for it. I could feel him battling with me, but I managed to keep him from taking control. However, he was much more distant then he had been previously. I didn't notice right away, but after I failed to shift once, I knew he was becoming distant.

It was his way of punishing me for ignoring my mate. He had told me he would stay that way until I finally accepted her. I knew he would have to give up that useless battle eventually, knowing that he would rather be free and run around, then sit in my mind and watch me have all the fun.

My ears went up as a twig snapped nearby, unlikely that it was Charles. I snarled, the stench of the rogue filling my nose. I still reeked like rogue as well, since I hadn't yet joined any pack. Though the packs scent was starting to mix with mine. I bared sharp teeth, hearing the crazed wolf come closer. He couldn't sense the power rolling off of me, but he could see my huge size. It was obvious that he wanted a fight, so the battle with Charles would have to wait.

I hadn't met a rogue who would willingly fight a wolf as big as me, but he was willing. He didn't give me time to turn, his muscles pushing himself forward at an alarming speed. I managed to dodge, my claws digging into the rough soil. My muscles quivered with excitement, my eyes still filled with blood lust.

The rogues claws managed to barely catch my side, a slight trickle of blood now showing on my fur. I snarled, launching myself as my teeth sunk into his shoulder. Without hesitation, I ripped a chunk of his flesh out, spitting the muscle and fur onto the ground beside him.

I was one to use brute strength and intelligence as my fighting tactic, but I could resort to speed if I needed to. This rogue had lots of battle experience, which is the reason I could only get hold of his shoulder. He lept away, a short whine escaping him. I knew I wouldn't be able to use brute strength with this one, seeing as I would miss every time I went after him. He was too fast.

I calculated his movements, his haunches bunching as he launched himself into a fast run toward me. I quickly put on my speed, using it to dodge the experience rogue. I quickly turned, tearing another chunk out of him. I made sure to stay out of reach of his hooked claws, those claws posing the biggest threat.

He was bleeding heavily from a few places, but that didn't stop him. His storm grey eyes settled on me, a coldness washing through them. He was just as fast as I was, just as intelligent as I was. He could use that against me, but I still had strength on my side.

I could feel the approach of wolves, knowing they were pack wolves. They must have sensed the rogue on their land, though it didn't surprise me that they couldn't sense Charles. My brief thinking cost me precious time, the rogue taking that chance to land a decent hit on me. He managed to use his claws to cut through ligaments in my shoulder, deeming my left leg useless.

sorry, the rest got deleted for some reason. I'll finish the chapter, just know that he killed the rogue and was found by the pack.

-Deamun