Chapter 18

My eyes narrow, my teeth bared. I push myself to my feet, my wolfish glare settling on the persons face. Charles. A rogue vampire I had met during the first month of me being a rogue. Charles had always hated how I could control him, though we ended up being the best of friends in the end.

Not long after we had established our friendship, Charles decided that it would be a good idea to trade me in for a lot of money. He was always a greedy bastard, which he preferred money over friends. I killed off the other vampires, but he ran with the money. Ever since then, I've awaited the day he would show his measly face to me. Now he has, and I wasn't going to let this opportunity pass.

"Well, hello dear friend. Still holding a grudge, are we?"

I answered by leaping at him, my teeth clamping down on empty air where he had once been. He seemed to have gotten faster, but he had taught me to run as fast as him when we were still friends.

"No need to get snappy, my friend. After all, I needed the money and you could get it for me. You see, I was in terrible debt to another vampire and so I need the coin to buy my way out."

I snarled, not knowing if it was the truth or a lie. Charles was known for lying to everyone, trying to get his way. That was probably the reason he was in debt. I heard the howl of a patrolling wolf, knowing they caught wind of his rancid scent. He reeked of rotting blood, which was what rogue vampires always smelled like.

I launched at him again, using the speed he taught me to clamp down onto his arm. Without hesitation, I began to rip his arm off. He spoiled my hunt, so he would have to do. Even if he didn't bleed normally. He let out a growl, throwing me off him. He reattached his arm, running at me full speed.

Without hesitation, he thrust his hand into my stomach, snapping ribs and breaking through skin. He looked like he planned to do more damage then that, and he probably wanted to. He took his hand out slowly, throwing my aching body to the ground. He kicked me in my broken ribs, one of the ribs sinking into my lung. I gasp for air, airy whimpers coming out of my throat.

He was about to continue attacking when the sound of wolves growling stopped him. Half the pack stood there, seeing me on the ground, his hand having some of my blood on it. I coughed, crimson splattering on the ground in front of me. I let my head drop, my ears picking up the sound of Charles sprinting away with vampire speed.

Through my labored breathing and the pounding of my heart in my ears, I heard my name being called frantically. By two voices. But I only feel one set of hands. Everything seems to slowly fade to black, Kaylas face being the last thing I see before I black out.
                                 *****
I wake with my tail on my nose, my body curled tightly in a ball. The pain has dulled to an ache, but I could still feel the injury. Any hit taken from another supernatural being, other then your own species, results in much slower healing. I would be in pain for a few days. But it was then I noticed the feeling of another body pressed up against my back.

Feeling the tingles, I knew it was Kayla. I could feel her worry through our weak bond, which confused me. I then realized that she was the reason I wasn't in a great deal of pain. I moved away, hearing her wolf whine out. She woke up, looking around frantically. She calmed down a bit when she saw me, but all that was in her eyes was concern. She walked over, nudging me, trying to get me to lay back down.

I snapped my teeth at her, confused why she was suddenly acting like a mate. She had rejected me before she got to know me, she tried to control me like she was my alpha when I came back, and now she was acting like a mate should. It confused me greatly, and honestly, freaked me out a little.

She yelped, leaping away from me. A mix of her eye color and her wolfs eye color was in her eyes, showing they were both present. They both seemed confused, tilting their head. Only the human part recognized the reason I wasn't willing to be near her. Her wolf seemed like it wasn't willing to accept anything other than me becoming her mate.

I kept my distance, my wolf starting to whimper like a lost puppy who sees it's owner after a long time. I could feel him struggling to take over, to go to her. It made me snarl, confusion washing over me. Not long ago, he had wanted to rip her to shreds. But now he wanted to curl up with her and mark her. He wanted to make her his.

It didn't make sense at all, but I decided to try for the door. My ribs ached, my breathing a little harsh as I tried to escape, to get away from this madness. But I couldn't go far. Her arms wrapped around my waist, her naked chest pressed up against my back. I could feel her pulling me back into the room, wanting me to stay there with her.

It agitated me a little, but I just couldn't seem to be angry in the arms of my mate. I still didn't want to accept it, seeing as she seems to have accepted me after I ran away. I let her lead me back into the room, powerless to fight against the weak bond between us. But I could still feel the bond, and I could still feel the sparks. She knew there was still a chance to save our mating, so I knew she would do everything to get me back.

Hey guys! I've decided to take votes on a subject I've been wondering about. I wanted to know if you guys would like me to create a website where you can send me book ideas and talk to each other. You would be able to send fan art if you wanted to, which I will start posting in each chapter of my books. Please comment on this chapter with either yes or no, then I'll count up the total tally and I'll let you guys know what the decision is in the next chapter.

-Deamun