Prologue

I like to warn you, Pop's short story (around 7,500 words) should only be read if you've already read Finding Home in Redemption. It is slightly a companion since it takes place during the events of the before mentioned book. Pop is Bentley's dad, and she's our main character in book one.
I hope you all enjoy this guy as much as I did!
Whit

Copyright 2017 by Whitney Morgan
-------------------------------------------

My kid was five when the fortress I'd built came crashing down around the both of us. I blamed the vile creature I called my wife at the time.

After the death of my step-daughter, a divorce that took away my step-son, and a cold dose of reality, I was left sitting on the couch with my little girl. I didn't know how to explain death to a child or how to tell her that her mom didn't want her. What I did know was that I was going to do everything in my power to make sure my kid didn't want for a single thing for the rest of her life.

I couldn't control the circumstances I was handed but I made two vows on the day my divorce was final; one, I wouldn't tell another woman I loved her unless I was marrying her for love and two, I'd end the next person that hurt my daughter.

How in the world was I supposed to know that in the span of a year I'd make good one one vow while intentionally ignoring the other?