4 Minutes and 57 Seconds Since Will Hacked the Watcher

Start from the beginning

"Hallie did that?" He asked me, gesturing towards the newly bandaged injury.

"Yeah, she's a genius," I replied, admiring the African-American girls handy-work. "Why are we going go the Hull?" I ask suddenly, unable to subdue the burning question anymore.

"I wanna see what's going on," Finn tells me indifferently.

I scoff to myself, thinking of Ida's tantrum. "Well, nothing's really happening. Ida is just having a sook," I say, adopting Finn's trademark smirk.

Finn makes a start. "Really...?" He mutters, and for some reason it sounds like he's talking more to himself then anyone else.

We reach the Hull to find a much more somber scene then before. Prisoners are sitting or lying about the space, staring unseeingly up at walls and the ceiling. The only real sound is Ida's furious kicking at the walls and her tortured screaming. Jayden and Hallie watch on, muttering to a girl with long dark hair with rather irritated expressions on their faces. We past by the edge of the cutout space and I find myself glancing down. The brutish 0003C's broken body lies still on the floor of the Category C level. I feel vile rising in my throats and I look away hurriedly. I killed him. That very well could've been me lying spread-eagled with shattered bones, but no, I managed to kill him before he killed me. Yay, for Aliyah, everyone. I'm a fucking murderer, I realise bitterly, hate instantly soaking my body and causing me to shiver like a trickle of cold water is running down my spine.

Finn steers me over to Hallie, Jayden and the dark haired girl. Hallie greets us with a smile. Jayden merely nods and the dark haired girl rolls her eyes and storms off.

"That was Kiera, prisoner 0012B. She got in here for possession of firearms and drugs," Hallie explains as we watched Kiera's fleeing back. "Apparently her daddy's some big gang leader. We thought she could help,"

"Help with what?" Finn asked, the bruising on his eye swelling magnificently.

Jayden sighed. "Anything. Everything. We're grasping at straws."

"So did she?" I asked before catching their blank expressions. "Help, I mean."

"What does it look like, 0004C." Jayden snarled at me, his pointed face contorted with rage.

I am momentarily shocked. Why the fuck is he so pissed at me?

"Back off," I warn him, screwing my uninjured hand into a fist.

His pallid face glares at me before dissipating. He glances down at his feet, his long, mousey hair falling into his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Aliyah," he muttered. "It's just..." Jayden trailed off.

"You think I know something..." I realise glancing to Hallie and Finn besides me, who nod confirming my suspicions.

"Well it's pretty weird isn't it?" Jayden said desperately, trying to excuse his display of anger before. "The Exterminations, the Watcher, the alarms- everything turns back to you, Aliyah."

I find myself nodding in agreement, Jayden's wolfish face relaxing in relief. "It is weird, but I promise you, I know nothing." I assure him, relieved to find my voice steady and controlled.

A sudden piercing squeal rings around the Hull and we all jump slightly, only to find Ida rushing past and delivering a fatal flying kick to the metal and concrete wall, which promptly retaliated by knocking the blond haired girl to the ground with no remorse.

Hallie laughs nervously, but her giggle is quickly stifled when Ida sends a furious death stare her way.

Suddenly a second tortured yell enters the air. I turn, expecting to see Ida screaming again, but her mouth is gaped open and she is staring in shock. A small, honey haired Category A girl is writhing about on the ground, her friends backing away from her. Blood is spurting from her nose, eyes and ears completing the terrifying sight. A sight I have seen before. As she rolls onto her back, screaming her throats raw a sudden piercing crack sounds, ending her life as her whole tiny body jolts grotesquely, her neck flipping onto an unnatural side, her legs crushed underneath her.

No one moves.

The girl has just been Punished.

And in one fluent movement, every single prisoner keels over, unconscious or worst. My world turns black.

Hi guys,

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, even though it was pretty dull and short. Exciting things to follow I promise :)

Just thought I'd let you all know that my updates will be becoming less frequent as I am going back to school on Tuesday. I will still try to update every 2-3 days, but sometimes that will not be possible. I hope y'all understand.

Thank you for all the continued support, and remember to VOTE and COMMENT if you are enjoying Aliyah's story.

I love you all so much, thank you for getting Prisoner 0004C to #251 on the Science Fiction list- you guys are awesome!

Lots o' Love
- Laura-Grace