3 minutes until prisoner 0004C's Extermination

The Category C line will be the first line to end.

Both the Category B and A lines have at least fifteen prisoners on us. I guess the pettier crimes are more popular.

I watch as stage rises out of the ground again, having just disposed of the bodies of prisoners 0019A, 0020B and 0006C.

The robotic female voice rings out again, but the category C prisoner has already begun to move forward. The crying, bespectacled boy labeled prisoner 0005C. This boy will be Exterminated and then it will be me. It will be prisoner 0004C's time to wave the earth adios and die. Maybe, like my theory, I'll reappear back into the black abyss of nothingness. I hope not. I would rather death to just be the scientific definition of "the permanent ending of vital processes in a cell or tissue" than my metaphorical no-life anymore one. The abyss death does appeal to me. Darkness, I think and a shiver runs down my spine. Nothing scares me more than complete, utter darkness.

The three prisoners sit in the Extermination chairs; a little dark-skinned girl for A, a big tough looking kid for B and the thin scrawny, glasses boy from C.

The helmets lower. Five seconds. The helmets lift. Dead kids. Stage lowers. Stage reappears.

"Prisoners 0018A 0017B and 0004C move forward."

I inhale a calming gulp of air. Just a couple more seconds and it'll all be over. Just move forward. But then her face is swimming in front of my eyes. I will not cry, I think desperately as I take the first shaky forward. I will not give them the satisfaction of seeing me hurt.

The world seems to fast forward. The next thing I know I am sitting in the Category C chair as the shackles fasten over my wrist. Biting my lip, I glare out at the handful of prisoners who remain.

The brutish boy who had lined up behind me was flipping me off. Prisoner 0001C is staring straight past me, his arms crossed as if the sight of me disgusts him. Crazy 0002C is still muttering to herself.

Besides me is a tall African-American girl. At first, I stupidly think it was the girl who had spoken about how 'nasty' Punishments are in the Hull but it can't be. I saw that girl Exterminated not long ago, as prisoner 0009C. And this girl's hair floats around her face in a curly Afro, whilst the other girl, the dead girl had cornrows.

Besides her, in the Category A chair is a boy with longish hair and a wolfish face. Kind of handsome, in a snobbish way. The boy is crying.

I continue to stare determinedly over the heads of the prisoners to be Exterminated after my death and try not think this is my tenth last second alive, this is my ninth last second alive as the creaking of the metal instrument lowers the helmet down.

The helmet covers my eyes and everything is dark. I clench my eyes shut, my heart pounding and wait for my death.

Suddenly an intense pain breaks out. I try to scream but my mouth is clenched shut; I am paralyzed. My whole body is under white-hot pain, a pain unlike any other. I want to die, I want this pain to end. I feel like my skin is being torn from my flesh and my skull crushing my brain. I want it to stop! I feel wetness pouring from my eyes; tears or blood. And then, mercifully, death comes and I am gone.

Hi, guys!

Thank you all so much for your continued support for "Prisoner 0004C". All of your votes, comments, and reads are greatly appreciated. 

Today "Prisoner 0004C" became no.769 on the Top 1000 Science Fiction list. This means more to me than you can imagine; I feel like my dream of becoming a successful author has moved a step forward. A tiny step, yes, but still a step! I couldn't have done it without you so thank you!

Longer chapters are on their way 

-Laura-Grace xx