Chapter Seven

Sorry for the long wait, but here you go. I'd appreciate some suggestions on what to do next in the comments.

Wick Greenwood

I watch as Jeff walks below me looking around. He passes the tree I'm standing on and I jump back to the roof of the house. I scramble into my room and run downstairs.
I rush to the kitchen and grab a large sharp knife. I run back upstairs and back to the roof. I jump up to the next part of the roof and crouch so I can't be seen from below.
"Wick babe, I think I see you~!" His grotesque voice coos to me.
His voice use to be somewhat calming, now it's... horrifying. I freeze when I hear thumping from inside the house. I lay down when I spot him climbing to the roof attached to my room. He looks and doesn't see me, "Lets put this game on pause. I'll be right back, stay where you are~"
He jumps from the roof landing on the ground without falling over or bones breaking. He runs down the street with his noticeable white hoodie with red stains. He runs faster than anything I've ever seen. The thought of him being human is about as real as a dragon.
The woman on the phone starts speaking again and I listen quietly. "Sir, SWAT is on their wa- what?" She starts talking to someone else and I hear her breath hitch. "Sir, we are sending another dispatch, just give me a minute." She goes silent and I hear loud screaming. "NO PLEASE DON'T! NO! PLEASE NO PLEASE AHHHHHH!" I hear gurgling from the woman and I feel my heart drop.
"This is what happens when you let other people play our game. You're really making me angry Wick, it's been ten minutes no thanks to this mutt of a woman." He takes a deep breath and continues, "You better get running, I won't kill you. I'll do worse~"
       I throw my phone off the roof, I'm- I'm- I won't...
       I slide down the roof to the ground and into a bush. I jump out and scramble to somewhere, ANYWHERE. I run as fast as I can into the woods, I run and run and run. I spot an old wooden house, looks like it's been set on fire but it's still standing. I run to the house and into the opening with a knocked down door. I scramble across the house with wooden pieces on the ground and crap everywhere. Every time I take a step the floor dips underneath me.
        I barge into a room and before I step in I fall backwards onto my butt. I stumble to my feet and try to blur the image of a bathtub filled with blood and corpses in it. I run to another room, it's a bedroom. I run in and stop when I see the bed. There's a person laying on it with a knife sticking out of their head. I run to the closet and open it. My heart rate speeds up to a speed close enough to give me a heart attack. Two children fall from the closet with knives sticking out of their chests.
       I leave the room and run to the kitchen. I throw open the fridge door and gasp, there's a bunch of organs inside the fridge. My chest starts to hurt and I shake my head over and over. I slowly back away from the fridge and slide down the wall. This isn't real, just a dream, I'll wake up and it'll all be better. Yeah, yeah, this isn't real. Nope! Not real.
         I stand up and walk up the stairs of the house, I spot a piano at the top of the stairs and open it. I stare blankly at the organs inside it and keep moving. I find another bathroom, I enter it and blink twice when I see a corpse in the shower. I open the sink cabinet and spot skulls and dead animals.
         I leave the room and instead of entering another room, I sit down on the ground of the hallway and rock back and forth. It's a dream, that's all it is, a dream.

••••

       Fire engulfs the house and people scream from inside. I sit on the grass and watch it burn, it burns and burns until not a single scream can be heard. Firemen rush to the site and spray water onto the house.
A man crouches down in front of me and frowns, "Lets get you out of here."
         He picks me up and I watch as firemen rush in and out of the house with corpses on duck boards and over their shoulders. As the man carries me to a car I drop the match box in my hand to the ground, the matchbox...

••••

       I stand up and walk down the stairs, I leave the house and stand in the burnt grass in front of it. I lean down and pick up the match box, it's still filled with matches and singed. I open the box and stare at the wood sticks with a small bud at the end. I grab one with the tips of my fingers and close the matchbox. I press it against the side of the box and push it, a small little orange fire spurts from the bud and I look up.
        "Hello Wick~" he smiles a few yards away from me and my hand drops the match box.
          I flick the match to him and it lands on the grass. In just seconds the whole field is on fire. "Goodbye Jeffery."