Prologue

Wick Greenwood

     Silence... my dreams stay, silent... they use to be full of screaming of agony and hate, or pure fear, but now I see everything. I force my eyes open despite the fact they feel like they weigh two hundred pounds. I stare up at the plain white ceiling and lay for a while.
      Where am I? What time is it? Am I alive? Questions that should seem obvious but are questions I always ask myself when I first wake up seem to rush through my mind instead of the organized manner they usually pass me by. A small pain prods at the back of my head from these annoying thoughts and I sit up and look down at my lap that is covered with my white bed comforter.
     I place my hands on my lap and stare at the ugly sight, scars from my past mistakes have ruined my hands and it looks as if you need to peel a whole ten layers of skin off to just find a single decent layer of my flesh. I bring my hands to my face and rub my eyes tiredly, the skin on my hands is rough and makes a weird sound against my face, it sounds like two pieces of sand paper rubbing against each other. I let out a yawn and look at my nightstand that holds a white lamp and multiple orange pill bottles on it.
     I swing my legs to the side of the bed and push the covers of my bed away from me. I stand up and allow my feet to sink into the white soft carpet that I step on every day, I move my arms above my head and stretch with a quiet grunt. I move away from my bed and to the dresser that is directly in front of it, I reach to the drawers and open the bottom one up. 
     My apparel shall be a very light pair of blue skinny jeans, I rest it over my right arm. I open the second drawer and grab the white dress shirt and a white tank top to go under the see through shirt. I rest both on my arm and open the very top drawer, I grab white boxer briefs, and socks. I close the drawer and put everything on my dresser, I quickly take off my white pajama dress and under wear, I replace the clothes with the ones I have just chosen and I look at the large mirror on the right of my dresser, the mirror reaches the floor and ceiling, a matching one on the other side of the dresser. 
      A small nod is all I give to my outfit, I bend down and grab a pair of shoes from underneath my dresser. I slip on my white dress shoes and go back to my bed side nightstand that has my pills. I open each bottle and grab one pull from each one, I place them down and close the bottles, I put both pills in my right hand and move my head back a little, I drop the pills in my mouth and down them both easily as I do everyday.
      I walk to the entrance door of my room which is see through with a white outer rim, it is on the left of my left mirror with a matching one on the right. I walk down the hall and go to the right door, my bathroom, the left door is to my office, each door see through with a white outer rim.
     I enter the bathroom and close the door behind me. A large jacuzzi sits on my left and on my right is a glass shower. Directly in front of the door is the sink with white cabinets underneath to match its white marble counters. On the left of sink is a door with the same exact door on the right of the sink which leads to the toilet, each door being white wood. On the right and left of where you enter are two white shelfs with supplies for the bathroom.
     I grab the toothbrush that lays next to the sink and put toothpaste on it that was laying next to it. I momentarily put it under water and then proceed to brush my teeth. Two minutes for the top and two minutes for the bottom (I'm very specific when it comes to hygiene). I place the toothbrush down once done and spit out all of the toothpaste in my mouth into the sink. I wash the sink out quickly with my left hand and turn the flowing water off. I use the towel on the left of the sink to wipe my mouth and I leave the bathroom.
     I step into my office for a few seconds to just grab a few items. Directly in front of you when you enter is a white large desk facing a window that covers the whole far side of the wall. On my right and left of where I just enter are two white leather couches and on the left and right walls are two bookshelfs full of informational books.
     I walk to my desk and grab my white computer bag from my white leather chair and put it over my shoulder. I grab my white notebook and white pen, I put it in the side pocket of my computer bag and I leave the room as fast as I entered.
     I walk down the white hall and down the stairs which has transitioned from carpet to wood. A completely white kitchen sits in front of me but I ignore it not having the patience to cook or eat anything right now. I ruffle my short hair slightly and grab my phone from my computer bag to look at my reflection.
     My hair is white, but not as if I were old, and is shaved on both sides of my head. I put my phone back into my computer bag and grab my white rimmed glasses, I place them on my nose and I already know that they amplify my light blue eye color. Anyone who comments on them say they are almost white. I continue to my front door and open it locking it from the inside before closing it behind myself.
     I walk down the few steps from my door and into my driveway of the small townhouse I own, it is on the very side of the building allowing it windows. I walk to my white Lamborghini and unlock my car with the keys in my computer bag. I step inside my car and start it finally realizing how cold it is today.
     It is November 24, 2022, it is cold and the air is crisp and dry as if it were announcing that winter is coming soon. I make a mental note to myself to write that down in my journal later. I put on my seatbelt and put my car in reverse and back out of my driveway.
     I leave my small neighbor hood and prepare my brain for the hour drive to work. I reach to the radio and turn it onto a random station that plays decent music and think. My boss told me that today we are getting a new patient who will be assigned to me. He said he wanted to assign this teen to me because I am the youngest doctor and I could relate to him more and I am the most... qualified for him.
     He said that this was a more serious case, they had been looking for him for quite a while, he was a serial murderer and deemed mentally insane when given a court trial. I work at a mental institution where only the most damaged of patients stay.
     I stayed here myself at one point, but I am fine now, I even got a career here at the young age of nineteen. They would have aloud me to work there at the age of eighteen but I still was not fully recovered. I mean, I can't really recover from it so take medicine which helps me a lot.
     I got attatched to the color white in that time, from the age of seven to the age of seventeen I was an official patient at Willow's Institute. Now I am an official doctor/psychiatrist/counselor. I prescribe medicines, I comfort, I diagnose, and most of all, I understand. I can do almost any job at the institute and I am very proud for that fact.
     I shake my head out of those thoughts as I see the large white building come into sight, large lush forests surround the road I am on and the institute, but the institute is in a clearing as if the forest moved for it. I drive to the large parking lot and park my car in reserved parking.
     I grab my computer bag from the passenger seat and step out of the car. I lock it and walk to the front doors, I grab my key card from my bag and swipe it on the sensor allowing me to enter. I throw open the not see through but glass doors and smile at the familiar white rooms.
     I lead myself up multiple flights of stairs down multiple halls to my office. The door is white and has my name in silver letters on it. I open the unlocked door and listen to it make a loud thudding sound when it closes behind me, it's always loud because of the large metal bolt lock on it weighing it down. It's for emergencies.
     I place my bag down on my white desk and then my phone starts ringing. The phone on my desk; I reach over and pick it up,
    "Dr. Greenwood's room."
     "Ah, hello. I would like you to go
to room 706 asap, or we could have him come in to your office."
     I scratch the back of my neck and look at the clock on my wall,
     "Could you send him down, it's too early for me to be moving across the building."
     "Yes, okay, thank you."
     I put the phone back down and rub my eyes, I assume my new patient should be here in ten minutes. With how the guards act I would not be surprised if it took him twenty minutes. I walk around my desk to the white chair and sit down. My chair faces the door and then there is another chair for any patients facing me.
     When you enter, on the left and right are two white chairs facing each other. I prefer to sit there when having an appointment. Lining the left and right walks of the room are white bookcases full of patient records and books of psychology. Behind me is a large window taking up 2/3's of the wall, I only allowed it because it's bullet proof. I put my bag away and continue working on the files I was working on last night. I jump at the sound of loud banging on my door, I'll lever get use to that,
     "PATIENT 0706868 IS HERE!"
     I look at my files and compare the patient number he said to the one written on the file.
     "Bring him in!"