"He did that last time." She says accusingly.

"But he came back." I reply. I turn to look at Mason sleeping peacefully, clutching his teddy. "You guys are his whole world. Trust me, I know." I say. "And he's not the type of person to let life slip through his hands."

She looks hesitant for a minute, but ends up looking at me with hope in her eyes. "Thanks, Cia." She says. "I needed that."

"You're welcome." I reply with a quick smile. "Now I better get on to seeing how your brother-in-law's doing."

"How's Dani anyways" she asks as I get up. "He doesn't look well, in pain."

That's Dani, alright.  "He does a good job of hiding it." I say, rolling my eyes. "Trust me, by the time we land, he'll have downed two bottles of pills."

She makes a face. "He's lucky to have you."

Yeah, I'm not too sure about that.

By the time I get back, food is being served and the air hostess with the cart is already by our seats. 

"Do you want to wake him up?" She asks in a strong British accent. She points at Dani, who's stirring in his sleep.

"Yeah." I mumble. I know how angry he'll be if he misses. Plus, he'll need the medicine after.

"Hey..." I whisper, gently shaking him.

The air hostess smiles and hands me two trays before making her way in front.

Dani manages to straighten up. "Hey." He replies, rubbing his eyes. I place the food in front of him, and have a look at mine.

I didn't realize how hungry I was.

His hand shoots to his temple, and he let's out a low hiss.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah... I just, it was sudden, that's all."

His hands lower to his sides. "Is the food any good?"

I'm convinced he's trying to change the subject. I don't say anything though, about his health or medicine.

"Yeah, surprisingly."

He passes me a weak smile as he bites into it.

"So... Ithaca." He clears his throat. "How long are we staying there for?"

"A day, two perhaps."

"And your dad... he owns the hotel you booked?"

I find myself nodding. I figured Gabriella's parents wouldn't enjoy our company either way, so I booked two rooms in my father's hotel for me and Dani to stay overnight.  Then tomorrow, we could head to our town.

A few minutes later, turbulence shakes the plane. Next to me, Dani curses as his juice spills on his shirt.

"Here..." I say, handing him a couple of tissues.

He mutters a thanks as he proceeds to wipe his shirt.

The air hostess passing by sends me an apologetic smile, but the turbulence only gets worse.

I wasn't scared really, I've been used to planes by now - but Dani's hands were clenched into fists.

"Scared of turbulence?" I can't help being a little amused. "Think of it as a roller coaster."

If his eyes were open, he would have glared at me for sure. "With no safety harness, trapped in a storm?!" He sounds furious. "Sue me for thinking I'm going to bloody die."

"You're not going to die." I say. "The last plane crash happened over two years ago."

"That doesn't make me feel better!" He almost yells. Another round of wind sends the plane whirring, and food and drinks are spilling all over the place.

Behind me, a lady is muttering a verse from the bible. 

Dani continues his rant. "Really, querida, you should be a motivational speaker."

The nickname causes my heart to flutter, and not exactly in a good way. Before I can reply, his hand is squeezing mine in a tight grip, and it's all I can do not to close my eyes and wish I wasn't in this situation.

All it did was make things worse. Honestly. Dani and I shouldn't end up in situations like these, it would just make my decision harder.

But I guess we both had loads of decisions to make.

The shaking stops, and it takes a minute for everyone to calm down again. Dani slowly withdraws his hand and lets out a long breath.

But I'm not even paying attention anymore. 

I don't care whether he means it or not. These nicknames, these gestures - they have to stop if he was going to decide he wanted nothing to do with me.

And the worst part of it is that I can't blame him, no matter how hard I try. 

Because it's really not his fault.

I look up at him, and he's looking at me with those soulful gray eyes I fell in love with all those years ago.

Nothing's changed.

Everything has changed.  I can't really decide anymore.

But does he realize what he's doing?

Does he know that everything little thing he does just makes me want to love him even more?