Chapter 34:- A New Venture!

Začať od začiatku

"Joking...I was describing myself!"

"That's a close one, Sid!" I chuckled.

"Wish she was here!"

" Aww.....missing her?" I provoked once more.

"Nah....thought you would be, though!" He sighed.

"Don't fool around with me Mr. Sidharth Nigam....you know you like her, don't you?"

"Hey Sid!" Someone called out, interrupting our intriguing conversation.

"Perhaps I'll have to answer that question later!" He winked boisterously before waving a goodbye.

We drove past the Chhatrapati Shivaji Railway Terminus, which pulled me out of my thoughts. An unknown smile paved its way through my face; it felt amusing to tease Sidharth and Reem.....their constant yet untrue denial was one of a kind.

My phone buzzed, startling me. I checked to find the screen display the Caller ID; an unexpected person.

"Yes, Mr. Foolish Stalker!" I greeted with my sweetest voice ever.

"So this is what you've named me!" He grunted at my chosen nickname.

"Suits you perfectly!" I retorted with a sly smirk.

"Sure....Stubborn Creature!" He revealed.

"Excuse me?! What kind of a name is this?" I protested.

"Suits you well too!" He taunted to which I just gritted my teeth in anger.

"So, you've just called me to announce your chosen nickname for me?" I asked, coming to the point.

"Oh please, I have better things to do rather than calling you just to reveal your true name!" He scoffed.

"Very well then, BYE!" I was about to hang up when he screamed out loud,

"AHHHH!"

"Faisal? Are you okay? What happened?" I bombarded him with questions filled with concern.

"I did not expect concern for myself....from you." He smirked once again as I realized his antics.

"I can't believe I fell for that!" I was disappointed at myself.

"Don't need to retort yourself Rosh....it's my charm and talent in acting that can fool anyone." He boasted.

"Don't give yourself so much importance, Foolish Stalker! You don't deserve any!" I snickered with a victorious smile.

"And who are you to judge this......my so-called 'soulmate'?" He asked rhetorically. The thought that he didn't prefer me as his soulmate somewhat disturbed me. I could curse him, but he had no right to think of me like that.

"My name should be added to the list of unfortunate people, for having you in my life!" I spat repulsively.

"You think I consider myself very lucky for having you as a part of my life....well then, you are mistaken, Ms. Roshni Walia!" He fired those words through the phone, and it stung me as sharp as a scorpion's vicious bite. Each word hurt me more than the previous one......he was never going to change, was he? I rummaged through my brain; I had to come up with a strong response.

"What happened to the helpless Faisal Khan who was pleading for my apology a few hours ago?" I challenged, proud at myself. For a brief second, I heard nothing but a guilty sigh on the other end. He had no comeback to that, but it unusually felt as if he didn't want to counter me, he didn't want to win our umpteenth verbal battle.

I tried to relax the atmosphere by breathing deeply, "Faisal....I've had enough for the day! Please, I have no strength left to fight you. Don't trouble me anymore..."

"Are you okay, Rosh....what happened?" His voice softened.

"I'm just tired....so you just called me to announce your chosen nickname, debate whether I am perfect for the role of your soulmate, and annoy me with your patent 'Rosh'...?"

He laughed in response to my complaints, but it wasn't a demanding or taunting one, it was a genuine, 'Faisal' laugh that my ears longed to hear.

"Okay, coming to the point, I just called you to inform to be ready at 11 am tomorrow. I'll pick you up from your place." He spoke in a formal tone.

"May I ask why?" I questioned, confused.

"Don't you remember our conversation with Sheetalji? So I decided we should travel to Rajasthan and investigate the matter ourselves. We'll be able to clear their doubts too. Afterall, it's about us."

"Oh..." I left my sentence unfinished. I saw a glimpse of the old Faisal.....the mature and organized one who was always ready to fight to save anyone's reputation and self respect. It felt assuring to see him back.....maybe, just maybe there might be some scope?

"Okay, tomorrow at 11." I agreed without any arguments.

"Rosh agreed without any questions or interruptions, well, that's a start!" He spoke, thanking God for such a miracle.

And I could do nothing but roll my eyes at him!

................................................................................................................................................................

Extremely Sorry PrAjajans! I know I have made you all wait very impatiently, but my exams are around the corner.....so, couldn't help it....

Hope you all like this....I've recently started reading a fanfic based on RoSal, Jannat and Vishal, ReemArth, and Sumedh and Tunisha...its by  dreamsunlimited1996 do check it out....its what made me write on ReemArth despite being a RoSal fanfic! :P 

Thank you for earning me a new milestone:- 5K reads! Keep supporting and motivating me to write better! :D 

#SpreadThePrAjaMagic!