Chapter 7:- Roll, Camera, Action!

Next Day (Present Day)

I woke up with the loud alarm ring. I checked the time: 8:15 am! I shot up in bed. Today's shoot was supposed to start at the lake. It would be Faisal and my first scene together. And I was already late. The director had instructed me to reach the set at 8:45 am sharp. I hurried to the bathroom to get ready.

"Mom, I am going!" I called out to my mom as I re-checked if I took everything.

"Wait, at least have breakfast Roshni!" My mom stopped me.

"Mma, I have no time at all... I am already late"

"Okay, let's do one thing, take a sandwich so you can eat it on the way" my mom gave a warm smile.

My face softened "Mom, you always have a solution to everything!"

I panicked in the car and constantly checked my phone. 8:39 am. "You'll reach on time, dear." My mother assured with a smile. "I don't know why, but I feel I am going to be late!" I responded back. Suddenly, my phone rang, making me jump. I checked my phone, UNKNOWN NUMBER.

"Hello?"

"Hey!" I recognized the voice.

"How did you get my number?" I questioned.

"I have many sources to get your number from, Ms. Walia" Faisal smirked.

"Yeah, right! Why did you call me right now?"

"Oh yeah! Where are you?! Everyone is waiting for you!" I bit my lip in nervousness.

"I am just on my way!"

"See you soon then!" he hung the phone.

I was already late! The car soon slowed down as the set neared. Another ring buzzed on my phone as I opened the door to my car. Jannat.

"Roshni!" she panicked.

"What happened Jannat? Is everything alright?" I got worried

"No, not exactly... I don't know what to wear!"

"Seriously Jannat!" I exclaimed. This was my best friend.

"Where are you right now?"

"I just arrived at the set location!"

"What? I am so confused Roshni, help me!" she whined.

"Oh God Jannat! You are getting confused on such a small thing? Just wear whatever you want to. You will have to change once you come anyways." I calmed her down.

"Oh yeah! I completely forgot!" she started giggling.

"Come on, get ready or else you'll get late!" I warned in between chuckles.

"Hey!" Faisal interrupted. I did not notice that I was walking all this while.

"Hi!"

"Who are you talking to Roshni?" Jannat asked through the phone. I completely forgot about her.

"Oh, it's Faisal, the lead actor of Maharana Pra"

"Faisal? As is Faisal Khan! You met him?" Jannat interrupted in excitement. It was then I remembered that she hadn't met him.

"Yeah, yesterday evening.... Achha Jannat, I'll talk to you later."

"Okay, byee!" the call got disconnected and I looked up to him.

"You know, you're already late... and you are busy talking on the phone!"

"It was Jannat! And, I did not call her, she did! She was confused on what to wear!" I justified.