Chapter 34:- A New Venture!

I got back into my car as we all called it a night. It had indeed been an eventful one, with a lot of new revelations and confrontations.

"Hope we meet again..." Sidharth came up to me and bent before my window. His voice was filled with hope along with.....certainty?

"Nice finding a new friend in you, Sid!" I waved goodbye as the engine revved, ready to race back home.

"Driverji, please switch off the AC." I asked as I lowered the window to find the cool breeze touching my face. My long hair danced with the wind as I recalled all the events that took place today.

I wonder why I get this adrenaline rush whenever I face him...I always seem to get this sudden wave of energy and courage...that allows me to affect him.....to hide my inner feelings.....until we both discovered our new trait....hearing each other without communicating verbally.

I decided to pay attention neither to him nor to his thoughts, instead to the new friend I met today. Sidharth Nigam; another growing teenage sensation! My thoughts soon floated to our recent conversation.

"Hi, again!" Sid greeted with another of his cheerful grins.

"Hey !" I greeted loudly, try to talk over the energetic disco music. Our formal and sophisticated ball had turned into something we immensely enjoyed; dancing freely!

Within a blink of an eye, he took my arms into his, slid his other arm around my waist, and started twirling me to the enthusiastic beats. I readily swayed, astonished at first, yet impressively comfortable the next moment.

"Was this an attempt to flirt?" I smirked at him.

"Might as well say so..." He winked.

"You do not need to worry about finding someone, a handsome hunk won't face many difficulties..." I winked at him.

"I'll take that as a compliment?"He proposed fervently.

"By the way, I've heard rumors about you dating my best friend.....is that so?" I amusedly asked as he sashayed. .

"So have I about you dating Faisal." His comment made me halt abruptly. I retreated my hands and moved aside, too uncomfortable to discuss this with a friend I barely knew.

"I'm extremely sorry, Roshni....I did not intend on making you nervous or uncomfortable." He sincerely apologized as he joined me.

"It's not your fault, I shouldn't have reacted....so differently." I tried to maintain my voice as nonchalant as possible.

"No...please..." He started apologetically once again.

"C'mon Sid, we shouldn't waste our memorable time on apologizing and expressing our modesty."

"Plus, rumors are supposed to be fake, right?" He beamed, cheering me up.

"Right! Doesn't seem like that in your case though, does it?" I teased.

"Roshnii!" He playfully hit me as I burst into a fit of laughter.

"You have to admit, you are really lucky to work with a co-star like Reem!" I praised with pride.

"Sure thing.....you and Reem are so similar!" He commented, amazed. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he elaborated.

"She used to constantly praise you and Jannat during our shooting days....such a chatterbox!" He whined. I shot an angry glare at him to which he immediately defended.