Chapter 15:- My Everything

"I think I was wrong Roshni.... I think you are Maharani Ajabde Punwar..."

I stood there, dumbstruck, not knowing what to say. Noor di, my sister had just said that my imagination had some reality in it. She just stated that I might be the Maharani?

"Di! I think you have gone mad!" I shook my head. No way could this be true...

"Roshni, please.. Just listen to me for once." She pleaded.

"Di, I listened to you, but your words don't make any sense." I argued.

"Roshni, anything can happen... you just have to believe in it!" She sounded like a philosopher but her eyes told a completely different story. Those black eyes showed concern and fear, combined. I held both her hands, realizing they were cold and stiff as ice.

"Di, why do you want me to believe in whatever you said about auras? Why is your face clouded with worry? Are you okay?" I asked at once, expressing my anxiety.

"Roshni, you have to make sure if you are..." she looked away. Never had she been so serious about something, she was the chirpy and cheerful one. Her grim face increased my heart rate, wanting to know what was in her mind.

"Noor di... why are you urging me to check if I am her?" I repeated my question. When I got no response, I raised my voice, filled with fear. "Di, I am asking you something! I know you are hiding something from me... please tell me di! TELL ME DI!" I ended up shouting at the top of my lungs.

"BECAUSE YOU MIGHT DIE!" She screamed at the same pitch, eyes growing wide at what she revealed.

"What's going on in there?" My mother questioned from inside the kitchen.

"Nothing Ma, just practicing for a play." I lied, guilt creeping into me. I hated it when I had to lie, especially to my mum. But this wasn't important now.

"Di, what do you mean I might die?" I shivered making her glance back at me. She took a deep breath and continued. "Roshni, listen to me carefully... and do not panic, please."

"Di, could you tell me already?" I was losing my patience, second by second.

"When I heard about this discovery from my friend, I decided to confirm it. So I went online and researched more about this Aura Theory. I contacted some of the scientists via email, and they informed me about this machine called the Aurester. Engineers and Scientists have collaborated to create an unimaginable tool to test a person's aura color. Based on that, they can tell which extraordinary person you are related to.... But along with that, they gave me the most terrifying news of my life." I waited patiently, continuously biting my lower lip. Noor di inhaled deeply and continued. "There is an age limit for the Aurester to work. You have to be at least 15, for the machine to determine your aura color. However... if you have a rare aura and are related to a remarkable person, and you refuse to get your aura checked, then there are 95% chances that you will perish!" She finished, tears brimming in her eyes. I was speechless for a minute, but then spoke with the little courage I had. "Wh-y wou-ld a per-rson die?" I stammered.

"Rare auras require high levels of energy from the person, which is attained through daily practice and special foods. But, if you cannot energize your aura in that manner, it will start feeding off you, meaning it will start to absorb you, leaving no energy to even breathe." She gulped.

"I don't want you in trouble, Roshni! I can't afford to lose you!" She stuttered. "So please, please get yourself checked." My sister begged.

"Okay, I will, but how and where will I find the Aurester?" I inquired after giving in.

"I have made all the necessary arrangements. We will have to go to London.."

"Di, how will we get there? I mean, what do we tell mom and dad?" I interrupted.

"Do you want to tell them?" She asked in whisper.

"I don't know. I don't want them to panic." I said in confusion.

"No worries then! I will tell them that you have an interview or something!" My eyes grew wide in surprise.

"We will hide the truth till we make sure. Once we do, we'll tell our parents everything." Noor di finished off.

"Everything..." I nodded in agreement.