My Fault Part 2

The next day

Star sat glumly at her desk, attempting to listen to Miss Skullnick ramble on. But she couldn't, she had spent another day looking for a spell, any spell that could help Marco. But alas there were none, she wasn't even sure if she could cast it, she had tried a simple levitation spell to pick up the remote control and only managed to levitate it 2 meters before dropping it. She would have to tell her parents soon; they were already suspecting something was wrong. Finally after the longest 20 minutes of her life, the bell rang to signify the end of school.

"Star?" Miss Skullnick called, with what seemed like concern? in her voice. "Are you alright?" Star was touched; she had never seen her teacher show any emotion besides anger and annoyance.

"Y...yeah of course," Star lied, trying for a smile. Who was she kidding? She was dead tired. She rushed off, heading for the hospital. "BZZZZ" she felt her compact vibrate, Star opened it revealing a single line of text: "Star, honey, please come quick"

Star ran, faster than she had ever ran before. She had one thought in her head, "Marco". He had gotten worse, why else would Ms Diaz have messaged her. But maybe he's finally recovered, she thought trying to push the dark thoughts out her mind. Before she knew it she had reached the hospital, where she saw Marco's parents at reception. With tears in their eyes.

This confirmed her worst suspicions, "No," she would not believe Marco was dead. Robotically, she turned and headed straight for his room. She stuck her head in, and almost collapsed. It was empty, no flowers, no cards and no Marco...

She walked in, standing in the same spot she always did when she would talk to Marco. She couldn't believe it, he was gone and she wasn't there for him. She would never see those hazelnut eyes, or that smile that made her feel weird inside or even his mole, which made him somehow look cuter.

She fell to her knees, tears filling her eyes. She would trade anything, anything to hug him, one last time. "Please" she croaked, unable to keep the emotion out of her voice. She felt a hand place itself on her shoulder, probably some nurse telling her it was okay or maybe Ms Diaz trying to comfort her. But it would never be okay, never again. Not with him gone, she felt like her little kid, demanding to get exactly what she wanted. She wanted her Marco.

"Star what are you doing on the floor?" came a male voice, a very familiar voice. Star's eyes widened to the size of plates, it wasn't possible. She whirled around faster than the eye could see and covered her mouth, not trusting herself to talk. For there he was, Marco Diaz stood staring down at Star butterfly smiling. Without hesitation, Star tackled him, hugging him so hard he couldn't breathe. She couldn't believe it, she was in his warm embrace again, and it had never felt better. She breathed in, taking in a scent of lemon, meaning her had showered recently. She placed her head under his chin as she wept uncontrollably. "I missed you so much Marco, p...please don't go" she said in between sobs.

"Star its alright, I won't leave you again, I promise." Marco said returning the embrace. How he missed Star, her bubbly personality, her laugh, which would make his whole day so much better.

They stayed like that, for what seemed like hours enjoying each other's company. Finally, Star released him and looked at her best friend properly for the first time since the battle. He wore a clean white shirt, now soaked with her tears. His large chocolate eyes still stared at her with care and concern. His lips had turned into a big smile that Star desperately wanted to meet with hers. He looked exactly as he had two months ago, except "you have a moustache" Star said smiling. It made him look better if that was possible.

"Yeah, I was going to shave it when I got back home," Marco said, but all he could focus on was Star. Her large blue eyes that he could stare at for hours, her golden soft hair was let loose, just they way she liked it. And yet he noticed how much his coma had an affected her, she had eye bags under her eyes and her eyes had tints of red from crying too much. But she was still as pretty as before.

"I think you should keep it," Star whispered, feeling her cheeks flushing, "it makes you more like a wild man and less like a safe kid." "Oh" was all Marco could manage, feeling blood rising to his own cheeks.

Later after dinner

"So Marco what do you wanna do?" Star said, full from her celebratory meal with the Diaz family. The laser puppies had practically burned Marco's clothes off when he had returned. He sat next to her, sporting his red hoodie and black jeans.

"Well it is Friendship Thursday, so how about a movie. I owe you a few movie nights after all" Marco replied, contempt with the fantastic meal his parents had prepared. He found it a bit weird having to use a fork and knife again, his muscles not yet fully awake.

With that they prepared for movie night, with Star grabbing the giant blanket, giving it a good shake for it was covered in dust, and the movie, something called Romeo and Juliet. Meanwhile Marco prepared his nachos, knowing Star would have missed them.

"Nachos for m'lady" Marco said in a posh accent, bowing as he served the princess. 'Gods marry me please' Star thought to herself as she inhaled the nacho, practically drooling at the smell.

She snuggled up next to her best friend, drowsy being so full and comfortable. "I bet everyone missed me in school, I wonder how Jackie is doing?" Marco said as he grabbed a nacho for himself. That grabbed Star's attention, "Oh, she's uhm dating someone new" she whispered not wanting to meet her best friend's eyes. "oh" Marco whispered, but he didn't seem to overly sad or remorse. She had expected Marco to tear up or maybe even grow silent. But he simply kept chewing, as if everything was normal. "What else did I miss in school?" he inquired as he ran his hand through Star's luscious hair. "You mean you didn't hear me," enjoying his touch, "I would come to talk to you everyday after school and tell you everything that happened" and that I like you. "Huh, no I didn't hear anything really." Marco replied, a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

Star didn't know if she was relieved or upset. Maybe it was for the best, she thought to herself but right now there was no else she would rather be or be with.

Not too soon later, Star had seemingly fallen asleep on Marco's shoulder. Not wanting to wake her, Marco turned off the movie before gently setting her down on the couch and tucking her in. He used the back of his hand to brush some her hair that covered her face. Marco bent down, kissing her forehead, "I love you too Star" he whispered, before rushing upstairs for a goodnights sleep.

A huge grin was on Star's face, "You liar Marco Diaz" but she wasn't mad. She fell asleep, without crying, without blaming herself and had good dreams for the first time in what seemed like forever. She fell asleep the grin plastered on her face under blood red light that streamed in from the window...

I am welcome (and needing) to any requests and ideas. Please PM them to me. Don't expect many of my oneshots to be THIS long but I have a couple of other ideas for some juicy Starco oneshots. Check my other story, Following Her, if you like Starco and/or SVTFOE. Thanks so much for the support and remember, Season 3 is coming. ;)