The Queen and King in the North

Start from the beginning

"That dress looks great on you." Ronnika heard a familiar voice from her doorway, too familiar to her ears. She was getting ready for the meeting of northern lords, all of them were called on her request and none of them refused once they found out it was the call from the Lone Wolf. After all,  North Remembers.

Oberyn came inside her childhood room, standing behind her in front of the floor length mirror. "Though I'd would have preferred red or yellow."

Ronnika glanced at him through mirror, for once he wasn't wearing yellow, red or golden. He was wearing a silver white tunic and black pants, he looked aesthetic and beautiful in her eyes. "Well, I'm not representing Dorne here. I'm here as a Stark," she said to him as her own eyes fell on her dress. It was detailed design stitched dress with long sleeves, in color of white and grey with fur border in the end. It was one of the most beautiful dresses she had ever seen and it was her new favorite. And a thought occurred to her as she gazed into those ethereal black eyes of his," Do you see a queen?"

"Yes." He answered earnestly as he gazed back into those warm brown eyes," You are queen. Of my heart and my being." And his leaned forward, pressing his chest against her back as he put his arms around her, one hand trailing up to her lip as he swiped his thumb ring finger over it," You are the queen of Winterfell."

Her passion and blood burned inside of her, just for him as she looked at him through the mirror. She felt his other arm go around her waist, feeling his hot breath over her ear. She had to restrain herself from shivering as she heard his husky voice filled with desire," You've got a heart as loud as lions, so don't let your voice be tamed." Referring to gaudy feast tonight with northern lords, it was there she would crown herself the queen she rightfully was.

"Never," she whispered back.

She stepped into the hall with Jon, Sansa, Rickon on either side of her as Wild walked in front of her. The dining hall was lightened only by the side window that casted almost a white light and torches by sides of the hall and large candlestick on both sides of the high table, illuminating the grey room. The dining hall was filled all the northern lords and wildlings as they entered. Ronnika didn't spare any glance to any lord as she walked her head held high, her dark eyes trained on the high table. She saw Oberyn and Daemon standing on the side of high table, still waiting for her. No one sat on high table without lord or in this case a queen. The murmurs had quietened as she walked among the lords who bowed as she walked by, everyone was in awe of her. Her grey fur of the dress followed her as she walked, her eyes cold and her hair fashioned into high bun that gave her a sharp, cold look. She looked regal.

She sat in the lord's seat without hesitation, wild in front of table by her feet. Jon and Rickon sat by right side of her and Sansa by her left. Their dark eyes, their mannerism and their honor, all of those spoke for their Stark blood. The lords sat themselves into their seats as she and her cousins took the seats, her eyes running through the entire hall. All the northern lords or their representatives, the representatives of Knights of Vale, the Tully's  and the wildlings were all present in the dining hall. Tormund, the wilding representative and Davos, the pirate, she had come to know were sitting among the wildlings. Petyr, her eyes slightly narrowed at him was standing off to the side, watching and observing. She had no doubt.

The silence of the dining hall was broken by a knight of vale," You can't expect Knights of the Vale to side with wildling invaders." Ronnika didn't even have hint of the idea of what they were speaking about, the only thing she knew for sure was there was an argument before she and her cousins entered.

Tormund, the red-haired wilding spoke up, "We didn't invade. We were invited."

Ronnika sat there as her eyes filled with amusement as the vale knight continued," Not by me." She had to stop herself from laughing, they were arguing like they were little children but her mood dampened as she recognized the situation could turn into brawl of fists any moment. This wasn't the time for amusement or brawls within themselves. Winter was here.