Chapter #34- A trip down the memory lane. (Part 2)

Începe de la început

"Oh"

"Won't you ask why?" She frowns at him.

"Why?" He dutifully asks.

"Because I don't look at him like my Mom looks at my Daddy" She grins at him and he rolls his eyes at her, barely hiding his smile.

Suddenly, the light in her eyes dim. I am not the only one to notice that.

"What is it, Sugar?" The boy asks.

"Nothing..."

"You know I can tell when you are lying, right?" He throws her words right back at her with thin lips.

"I just hate how we all have to go to school abroad to pursue future studies... I mean my Mom and Daddy have me but they miss Hades so much... and your parents... Don't even get me started on Aunt Avery" she shudders.

Biting her lips, she adds, "I don't think I can ever let my pup go to a different city, let alone country... until well... he is old. Like 18 years old!"

"Hmm... You know I will be Alpha one day, right?"

"Good for you" She yawns.

He chuckles, and then says, "When I take my position as Alpha, I will make sure that there is an all werewolf school in our town"

She gasps.

"Promise?" She asks hopefully.

"I promise" He runs a finger through his hair with a shy smile.

She squeals and hugs him, and then sits down beside him, leaning her head on his shoulder.

They chatter aimlessly for a while, and then she stands, stretching her hands above her.

Ulysses is staring intently at the water as she purposely opens her hair; and then gasps.

"My hair is a mess!" She wails, running a hand through her thick locks.

I smirk at that.

Damn... what a drama queen.

"What will I do now? Mom will be sooo angry" She starts pacing and Ulysses shakes his head with an amused smile.

He looks like he is used to her antics.

"Can you tie it for me, Spice? Please? Pretty please?" She sticks her lower lip out and he gives her a mock glare.

"Sit down, Sugar" he lets out a dramatic sigh and she plops down on the ground, in front of him without wasting any time.

"Should I assume you are going to start drilling me with intense questions again?" He asks as he parts her hair in three.

He knows how to braid hair?!

"I don't know what you are talking about" She crosses her eyes and then after a few seconds adds, "But now that you mentioned..."

He tugs at her hair and says, "Ask away, Sugar. I know you are dying to catch up on gossip"

"Did Damon find his Mate?" Ulysses' hand stills for a second, before he admonishes, "you are awfully obsessed with the concept of Mates"

She snorts, and pulls away before turning to face him.

"Pot meet kettle" she points at him and adds, "before becoming your friend, I was not as obsessed with my future Mate, or anyone else's as I am now. It is YOUR obsession that has rubbed off on me. So don't be a hypocrite!"

"Fine! He did. He met her seven months ago, in the last weeks of October. That's why he couldn't make it home for your birthday too"

"Oh... Cool! What's her name?" She takes back her position, facing away from him and his hands find their way back to her hair. Smoothening them over before getting back to braiding them.