he walked away from the two giggling boys and approached his bestie, jinyoung. putting an arm around his shoulders, jaebum wiggles his eyebrows.

"you have some amazing speech prepared?" jinyoung rolled his eyes as though he wasn't nervous at all, despite him fixing his shirt and jacket every other second.

"can i ask you to not make a big deal out of it? i don't even know why you're so excited about it. it's weird," jinyoung muttered, sighing a quick and sharp breath. "he's kind of a quiet guy, too. i don't think a crowd surrounding him as he gets asked out is the greatest thing ever."

"ahh, don't worry about it. i won't announce that you're asking him or anything." jaebum grinned sheepishly, jinyoung burning holes in him with his intense glare of doubt. someone knocked at the door during that moment, so jaebum rushed away from the scary faced jinyoung to answer the door.

"hi, jaebum-hyung." it was youngjae, and jaebum almost had a heart attack on the spot. he was wearing a striped oversized sweater and ripped skinny jeans that highlighted the legs that jaebum loved. his dirty blond hair was done a bit neater than usual and a plain choker was around his neck. jaebum clutched his chest and inhaled deeply while looking away. youngjae blinked. "are you okay?"

"yeah, of course. come in." jaebum showed the other where to take off and leave his shoes after shutting the door. as youngjae spotted jinyoung in no time, his face lit up in hope. he approached where jinyoung and jackson were standing, but instead of saying hello he went for the drinks placed behind the two. he was a bit too shy to actually talk to jinyoung, though he did hope he'd have the courage as the party went on.

"hey, come with me for a second," jaebum whispered as he grabbed youngjae's wrist, pulling him away from jinyoung. although youngjae was confused and wanted to hang around his crush longer, he let the other drag him away. jaebum pulled him into a bathroom and shut the door, staring intently at him.

"i just want you to know that i think i really like you," jaebum said while huffing a breath. although youngjae didn't look too freaked out, he was blinking at the older with wide eyes. "i don't want to scare you or anything, i just- i don't- fuck."

eventually giving up on saying something nice, jaebum put his lips on youngjae's and took no time to make out with him. jaebum had the younger pushed to the wall and held his body in a way that wouldn't let him squirm away.

youngjae wasn't scared of the other's actions but no matter what, his crush on jinyoung made him see him as a simple friend.

and even though jaebum stole his first kiss that day in the janitor's closet, youngjae was too nice to reject him cruelly.

"jaebum-hyung..." youngjae muttered when he had the chance to speak after jaebum parted their lips slightly. his tongue stuck out slightly, and jaebum only took that as another invitation to do more. after sucking on the other's tongue briefly, jaebum shifted from his lips to his jawline and gave it gentle kisses.

"w... what if someone walks in, hyung...?" youngjae asked with an increasingly red face, clutching his arms around the older's broad back.

"i don't give a shit," jaebum hissed between his teeth, maybe becoming a bit too rough for youngjae's taste. seeing that his choker was in the way, he slid it down his neck. he then clamped down on the soft, succulent sink with his teeth, making youngjae whimper out of surprise. as much as he wanted to go further, a certain someone's squealing coming from the living room made him halt.

mark must be here, jaebum thought as he pulled himself away from the panting youngjae. he stared at him for a few seconds before biting his lip and winking, stepping out the bathroom. youngjae meekly followed him, rubbing the bite marks on his neck.

"i don't think this is what friends do, jaebum-hyung..."

"aish, just follow me to the living room. i think there's something interesting happening," jaebum said with a light chuckle, taking hold of youngjae's hand and tugging on his arm as they walked.

in the living room was a jinyoung approaching a shy looking mark tuan. jaebum placed himself near the wall where he could watch what was happening, and youngjae had an awfully confused expression.

the two of them (and the others including jackson, who was the source of the squealing) observed as jinyoung took out a small rose and handed it to mark, formally asking him to the dance in a loud voice. everyone in the room heard him and jackson squealed again as mark shyly nodded yes.

jaebum approached jinyoung and gave him a good pat on the back, congratulating him. while he ignored jinyoung and his angry glaring towards him, jaebum noticed that youngjae was gone.

he looked to the door and saw someone with familiar dirty blond hair running out the house.

every inch of happiness disappeared from jaebum's face as he slowly stepped to the door in disbelief.

...shit,

what have i done,

i really messed up, didn't i?

jaebum sprinted out the house, the regret growing into his heart.

"youngjae!"