Trust

"Do you trust me?"
-----------------------------------

His words linger in my head, like his touch does on my body. Four simple words, twelve letters, two answers.

YES NO

My mind replays the scene over and over again. We've been together for two years, and yet the simple question makes it seem like we're complete strangers. It happened mere seconds ago, but it feels like hours.

He's never broken my heart. He's always supported me. He's always loved me. Never lied to me, nor led me to believe that he has. He's perfect...

I love him with all my heart, and I hope to whoever's watching over that he does too. But do I trust him? He obviously trusts me if we're in this situation, however I'm not sure that he should.

I've lied. I've crushed his dreams. I've broke his heart. I told him that I hated him.

How on earth can he still love and trust me when I definitely don't deserve it. Hell, I don't deserve him. We go back and forth, arguing that we don't deserve the other. Heh, at least we're in the same mindset.

I may argue that I don't deserve him, but if he were ever to actually leave... I'd be broken.

I live for every kiss we share, or every time we spend time together. His presence is my life source. If he were to leave, I would leave too.

He knows all of my secrets and I know all of his. I know everything about him. His favorite color, darkest secret, and his worst fears. To be able to hold all of this knowledge, would imply that he trusts me...right?

He knows all there is to know about me as well, but why is it so hard to verbally say that I trust him.

We grew up together. We were friends, brothers, family. I knew him since diapers. I know who he is, how he thinks, what he would probably do in my situation.

It all changed though when he told me he loved me. Of course the feeling was mutual, or else I would have lost a piece of me that day. A VERY important piece in my life.

What am I even doing right now... I've loved him since junior high, and I can't work up the courage to tell him that I trust him? Trust is the most important aspect in any relationship.

He has mine.

There's no one else in the entire world that I'd rather do this with. My best friend, my lover, my soulmate...

So realistically, there really is no question. He's simply confirming the most well-known fact between the two of us.

I trust him.

------------------------------------

"I trust you Tyler. With all of my heart."

Watching his icy blue eyes fill with love made my heart swell. His toned body towering over mine, in a protective and emotional way. It's screams love.

So as he presses his large frame against my smaller one, the only thought that crosses my mind is my complete admiration for this man. I pull my love for him out of my heart, shooting it through my eyes into his. Just hoping that he can see it, so he knows that I love him. Because I know if I try to tell him, no words could even begin to explain my love for him.

"I love you so much Craig."

And with that, he presses his lips into mine. Commencing the rest of our lives together as one whole. No Longer two clueless halves, but one lovingly bonded couple.

Word count: 597

Peace ✌️

Love ❤️

And all that good stuff

~ZqOuMeBeInE