Chapter XVII: Staggering Tower

Start from the beginning

The family was now seated in the living room, chatting and Darcy was sticking at the young heir's side like a leech. He was itching to go and find Sabina but his mother pleaded for him to stay for another hour. And like a good son that he was, he stayed.

They were seated side by side when he felt Darcy's warm palm skimmed his thigh so he immediately swatted it away. "Have some decency, for goodness sake." He hissed at her, livid from the woman's exhibited boldness.

"Oh come on Tim, we both knew how much you liked it and how much you missed it." She whispered tartly while putting her hand where it was previously but a little higher this time almost reaching his groin.

The young heir stood up abruptly, startling both Darcy and his sister with his behavior.

"What is it, Tim?" The bubbly model queried while smirking at his older brother's daring best friend.

"Wandering hands?" She raised her brows in question and didn't wait for an answer.

"Slut! Slut!" Margaret faked several coughs.

"How cheap! But with a face like that, I wouldn't wonder." She added scathingly. She then turned and sashayed towards her father.

While ignoring her mother's vicious glare completely, she pecked her father's cheek before ascending to the stairs.

"Have a good night!" She hollered halfway to the mansion's second floor.

As he watch his sister took off, Timothy felt his phone vibrated so he fished it from his trousers' pocket and tapped the messages icon.

His fist balled voluntarily when he saw what it was. Someone sent him a photo. He didn't recognize the number so he wasn't sure whom it was from. The picture was of his girlfriend nursing a bottle of a what appeared like a blue liquid in some fancy bar.

The young CEO was sure that it was taken just moments ago since Sabina was still wearing the same clothes she was wearing at dinner. Her demure and girly ensemble floated in contrast with the bar's dim ambiance.

His phone vibrated again, the same number where the message was from was flashing on it's screen. It was a video call so he quickly tapped the accept button. A dark room came into view while the camera was directed in Sabina's position. She was inside a fancy place that appeared to be decent and not crowded.

Timothy could hear the soft instrumental music in the background. He also saw how Sabina ordered another bottle of the blue liquid after finishing an almost half full bottle in one nip.

"What's gotten into her?" He still asked himself quietly although he knew exactly what her reasons were. He quickly bid goodbye to his family and without another word, left their house in haste.

He heard his mother and Darcy called after him but paid no attention to them. He didn't dare end the call as he hopped inside his X5 and drove fast.

He needed to find her, immediately. He was looking for some hint to point out where she was when he noticed a lanky guy approached Sabina. The lanky guy sat beside her while Sabina shook her head and turned away on the other side.

After a few minutes, a not so tall bespectacled guy, sat on Sabina's other side, his lost girlfriend was now flanked by two strangers. Again, he saw how Sabina shook her head in response to the bespectacled guy's queries.