Chapter Eighteen

"You all can't stay here forever."

The nations looked up, startled. America was coming in the room with a plate of food for himself. Everyone had gotten some food that America had made from the kitchen. America walked around the table and put his food in front of his seat.

"What?" England asked sharply after a moment of silence. Everyone (except a few) were surprised that he had been the first to speak.

"You heard me," America said. "You all can't stay here forever. I have over sixty kids, and I don't really want a whole bunch of people to stay in the house too. I don't have enough time to do anything anymore with all of you here, and I want to spend time with my kids. I guess one or two of you can stay, but not all of you. That just won't really work out."

There was a moment of silence.

"I'm staying." Everyone was once again shocked as the British accent of the man who had spoken. They were absolutely astonished as they realized that England's voice was soft and kind, not grumpy or sarcastic or sharp.

There was another moment of silence. Everyone waited, expecting England to say something more, (probably insulting), but he didn't.

"Not going to say something insulting?" Some nation muttered. "Surprising."

England rolled his eyes. "Shut it, you git. I'm staying. Why do I have to say something insulting about it?"

"Are you in love?" Italy asked (huh? Not talking about pasta?).

"Not with America, no," England said, glancing at America, who looked away in memory of the rejection. "He's more like a son. That would be weird."

Some nations glanced at him, unsure whether it was the truth or not.

"Its true," France said, smirking. "England rejected America."

"That wasn't supposed to be known worldwide!" England exclaimed. "You weren't even supposed to know that! Why did I even go to that restaurant?" He paused for a moment. "Oh yeah, I remember." He stood up suddenly, shouting "NEXAS!"

Everyone was taken aback by the outburst. America recovered first, also bursting out of his seat. "H*** YES! England, you still owe me pictures."

"Oh, yes, of course." England somehow pulled out a book from his pockets and handed it to America. America opened it, finding it full of pictures of Nexas.

"THANK YOU!" America yelled before squealing. Hungary was looking at the pictures over American shoulder. Japan was covering his nose as he ran out of the room to get a box of tissues for his bloody nose.

Texas and New York were trying to sink back into their chairs.

"Dad, Gramps, Hungary," New York whined. "Seriously?

"But you're so cute together!" The three chorused in unison.

Texas and New York groaned. There was a moment of silence, the only sound heard was the turning of pages in the book of pictures.

"OH MY GODS!" America squealed loudly. "YOU HAVE PICTURES OF FLORNIA, TOO?!"

"Dad!" Florida and California whined.

"What?" America said. "You know I've always shipped Nexas and Flornia. It's why I always made Texas and New York share a phone, and Florida and California share a phone. Look!"

America took out his phone and showed them his contacts. "I put Nexas and Flornia as the contact names!"

"OMGs, I got to do that now!" England shouted, whipping his phone from his pocket and changing it, not even caring that he sounded like a teenaged girl.