Chapter 24- The Day of the Ball pt.1

Start from the beginning

Timeskip to the ball
As chatter and graceful laughter filled the entire ballroom, Prince Izana and Prince Zen made their way across the top balcony where the first Prince would share an announcement. Shirayuki was with Obi down below as Ryu tagged along with them in the meantime. Kiki and Mitsuhide were with Zen since it's their duty to do so since it's their job. (Duh...) Kiroyuki was hidden from the crowds as the guards had already made place in the center of the ballroom for Kiroyuki's performance.

"May I have your undivided attention!" As Izana's powerful tone in his voice caught everyone's attention, he received all of their attention.

"I would like to thank you all for coming tonight to this very important ball. I know majority of you all heard of a very special guest has been living here in Clarines. I would like to clear things up and let you know that I have not planned this event, but rather the special guest has. I would love to introduce Princess Kiroyuki of Hyoushou!"

With claps of his small yet dedicated speech, they all gasp of the sight of the beautiful and young princess that appeared at the top along with the two brothers. Her blue and bright hair shown in the chandeliers' light as her eyes glimmered with joy. Her graceful smile of elegance was never left out as everyone could clearly see such beautiful creature  with rare hair.

"The princess of Hyoushou?!/ She's still alive!?/ Such rare and long hair!/ Who would ever thought such young child who plan this entire event!" Many chatter of the news of the "dead" princess were either new or a pressing matter for them all. Ryu too was shocked at all of the chatter and how the news of Kiroyuki would had spread. Plus, her beauty was awestruck amazing which Obi and Shirayuki can clearly see due to his blushed face.

"Greetings everyone." As everyone quieted down to the princess' silk like voice, she continued. "I would also like to thank you all for attending today. I am grateful to have you all here so in thanks, I had prepared a show for you all. But first, (Not a selfie!) I would like to dedicate the whole Claire kingdom for accepting me into their kingdom.

As everyone clapped along to her speech's ending, they held admiration in their eyes as some others may hold jealousy. Gliding down the stores gracefully, Kiroyuki made her way to the center of the ballroom, catching everyone's attention to the up close beauty she held.

As the whole mini orchestra started playing the elegant yet cheerful melody, Kiroyuki began her performance by a melodious voice.

"Here I am in the long lost cold,
Where I shall live to my death point!
The cold shivering lost woods
Shall have no effect
On my aching heart~".

With swift and graceful movements, Kiroyuki glided across the floor with her elegant and light steps. Her hair and dress flowed along the steps as if it were a river dancing across the surface of wonders. Kiroyuki looked as if she were a goddess to the Royals' delight. All eyes were lost in Kiroyuki's dancing form as they truly enjoyed the beauty of everything.

With a slowing dance expression with movements that made her arms like wings, she enclose the white wings to begin the story told song again with her eyes filled with emotions that can be seen from the moon

"With my aching heart,
I shall be love at last~
My soul was lost
Yet I am found~~...."

Ryu can feel and hear the emotions of the slow yet beautiful and graceful song of feelings. For he knew this song was about her cruel life but how she came to see the light because of her friends.

"I have found love!
A love that would never end!
For this world that used to be cruel,
I have found my place
Filled with love~~~"

With the ending high pitch, the crowd gasp in awe of the young child's talents. Kiroyuki's arms enclosed once more as if her wings had fallen into place of her landing home as her legs gracefully danced along to the ending music.

"Woah..." With Ryu's slightly blushed face, Obi and Shirayuki both gave each other a glance knowing that Ryu is definitely enjoying this awe amazing beauty shown to him. For Ryu, he couldn't be anymore memorized from Kiroyuki. He never had seen or heard Kiroyuki sing or dance.

As Kiroyuki came to a beautiful end, the guests clapped and cheered of "bravo" or along the lines of positives. There were still a lot of jealous older princess but many had enjoyed the performance for its beauty and meaning.

Kiroyuki panted lightly out of breath and smiled as she bowed courtesy. Many had greeted her which is to why Ryu couldn't intervene with Obi's help. Lords, duchesses, princess, and such had all approached her in high expectations as they bowed in gratitude and hopes of the improvements for Clarines. Some mentally questioned why she isn't trying to take back her kingdom, but unfortunately for Kiroyuki, she never heard of any news about Hyoushou.

Finally losing many of the multiple people who complimented her, she tried finding Ryu or Neil within the crowds. She bumped into Zen, Kiki, Mitsuhide, and Izana and gratefully chatted along with them. In a further search, she bumped into the twins and chatted awhile with them as they shared stories and compliments on her performance. She then bumped into Obi and Shirayuki along with Prince Raji, the twins' older brother, yet didn't meet Ryu with them for they had said he was coming back. Kiroyuki was quite fond of Raji and got to know more about him for the past hour yet no Ryu. There were no sighting of Neil either for this night was unsettling for Kiroyuki as she thought her song went to waste if they were not here to complete it.

Despite her failed search, many had came up to her to chat as many younger princes came to dance and entertain her. It was rather fun but it was lonely for her. She wished her dance had gone to Ryu or Neil, but that failed too...

Sighing after all of the chaos, she went to the outdoor balcony and felt herself wanting to cry, but she knew she couldn't. Kiroyuki mentally told herself to not be selfish and to smile because everything has to be fine.... She wouldn't want to break things for Clarines... She doesn't want to be a burden...but... How can she not regret time if she can't have this beautiful time tonight?...

Giving up hope, Kiroyuki thought of just going back inside to chat with other nobles to try to smooth her emptiness, but first sent a maid to send some of the delicious foods to the medical wing, tailors, and those who have helped her. Plus, she ordered some alcohol to give it to Garak.

'Maybe Ryu doesn't want to see me anymore... Maybe Neil is finding a bride that suitable for him here... Actually... I didn't see or bump into his parents. What a shame... I haven't seen them in ages either... If Neil has royal duties right now... Where's that idiot Ryu-'

Stopping her thoughts, she felt a tap on her shoulder and was surprised as she calmly and elegantly turned around to face the person. Her eyes widened in shock as she felt herself blush at the appearance and attire.

"May I have this dance Kiroyuki? You look rather charming like a goddess tonight..." With those charming words coming out of a once shy young boy, he managed to bring himself up after multiple slaps to his own face.

"R-Ryu?" Staring in shock of his handsome and charming appearance and his forward manner, Ryu smiled charming in hope which made Kiroyuki smile back. "You may have this dance... My Prince Charming Ryu."

A/N
OKAY! Um! This is a veryyyy long chapter I know and if you don't like super long chapters, I'm very sorry... I'm sorry for not publishing in awhile but I tried making it up here... So what do you think happens in part 2?!?! I hope you enjoyed and I hope you all a great day today and tomorrow! Bye bye~~

(Unedited; 2594 words)