"Fine by me if you don't wanna go. I can just sit here, relax and-"

"No, I have to face her and I also need to look out for Paris," I sigh. "Plagg, claws out!" Transforming into my alter ego, I launch myself out the window to meet with Ladybug. I jump from building to building until I find our specific spot, my heart pounding loudly against my chest. Luckily she isn't here yet. But maybe that's not very lucky because it means I have more time to panic about her arrival and get myself worked up.

Should I bring the topic up and say that I'm friends with Adrien and he told me? No, I can't throw Marinette under the bus like that. Ladybug would get mad at her if I did. What should I say though? Should I just pretend nothing has happened? I know! I can just ask her who her crush is and try and get out some information about her. Ooh! And maybe if I act a little more like my civilian form, she'll fall in love with both sides of me.

"Hey, Cat Noir." I jump at her voice and turn around to greet her, a nervous smile etching its way onto my face. She looks beautiful, as always; I just want my bed back to scream into again.

I'm normal, I swear.

"H-hey, M'lady," I awkwardly stutter out. Great, now the all confident Cat Noir is stuttering. Way to go, me.

"Sorry I'm a bit late, I got caught up with my outside-of-Ladybug life," she chuckles, looking down. It's then that I realise she looks a bit stressed. Her shoulders are tense and her brows are furrowed.

Is it because she found out that Marinette told me about her crush on Adrien?

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask, tentatively walking up to her and tilting her chin up. She gasps in surprise at my actions before returning back to her stressed out look.

"Yeah, I'm just stressed. Crush stuff and all that."

I almost mirror her previous actions and gasp. She probably knows about Marinette! Damn it, this is all my fault. I never should've brought up Ladybug in my conversation with her. I mean, I'm kind of happy that I know, but Ladybug probably isn't and that makes my happiness mean nothing.

Instead of telling her all that I know, I decide to play it cool as if her sadness isn't breaking my heart piece by piece. "Crush? And here I thought I was your only love interest. Tell me about the lucky guy who seems to have captured M'lady's heart." Was that too insensitive of me to say? Oh gosh, it was, wasn't it? She's going to hate me forever and never talk to me again n-

"You probably know him. He's on every billboard in Paris. I don't care about that though. He's kind and selfless and mentally strong and that's what makes me like him. He's the kind of person you look at and you feel as though they're too good for the world, you know? It's stupid really, me liking him. In my civilian form, I wouldn't stand a chance. And the fact that he has hundreds of girls who love him just like I do...The chance of him liking me, truly for who I am beneath this mask...Well, let's just say they're slim," she sighs, perching on the rooftop of some random house.

I'm at loss for words. Her description with the whole billboard thing sure sounds like me. If Marinette was right, then Ladybug thinks I'm too good for the world.  Ladybug thinks I'm kind, selfless, mentally strong. She thinks she doesn't have a chance with me beneath the mask...That last one is far from the truth. The day that Ladybug shows me who she is under her mask is the day that I hug her and promise to love her for who she really is no matter what. I love her, with or without the mask.

I join her by sitting beside her on the rooftop. "Hey, never even suggest you're not good enough for someone ever again. Listen, I may not know your real name but I know that you are Ladybug, whether you're wearing the mask or not. You wanna know how I know that?" She weakly nods in response. "Because behind this mask, I'm still Cat Noir. A mask and costume doesn't really change anything. Sure we're more confident when we're superheroes but we're still the same people. And if the guy you're pining over doesn't appreciate that..." Though I'm extremely sure he will... "then he's not worth your time, m'lady."

Before I can process what's happening her arms are wrapped around my neck and her face is buried in my shoulder. A few moments of silence pass by before she finally speaks again. "You're awesome, Cat Noir. If I didn't like Adrien so much, I'd definitely want to be with you." And that's when my whole world stops.

---

A/N:

Oooooh cliffhanger!

I really enjoyed writing this chapter, and I hope you enjoyed reading

Don't worry, there'll be more Adrienette in the next chapter; just thought some Ladynoir would help make Adrien's and and Marinette's feelings more clear when they're put together in a place where they can both talk with ease.

Anyway, I'll be updating soon, thank you for reading and remember to vote, comment and all that jazz 💖 Byeeeeeee!