Chapter 1~ Fuck you, Zoë

Xander and I stare at the window. Shards of broken glass fastened into my arms and abdomen. Good thing vampires are glass proof, right? Zoë, the daughter of the Parliament leader, comes skipping through the open hole in my house. She looks at me and Xander then shakes her head, her red curls bouncing around her face. I hate Zoë, maybe even more than my dislike for the Parliament. She's and evil, crude selfish little bitch who thinks she can do whatever she wants because she's daughter of the leader. When I was a newborn, Zoë was insulting when it came to me but flirted with Xander. She's such a whore.

"Hello, Nightblood," she nods to Xander "Grayheld." Xander and I snarl at her while she laughs. Zoë walks her narrow body over to Xander and kisses him full on the lips. He pulls away but every bone in my body is aching to rip her head off. Xander senses it and shoots me a warning glace. She throws her bony arm around him and whispers to him. His eyes go wide and he tries to step away but her grip is tight.

"In case you were wondering why I'm here Selene, my father is recruiting all vamps with special abilities to aid him. So we need your sister, any idea where she is?"

I gaped. The leader needs special vamps to aid him? Aid him in what, and what the hell does my sister have to do with it. Xander looks at me with a concerning, but not surprised, glance. I take a moment to realize that he knew. He knew what was going on before Zoë even came.

"My sister has no special ability Zoë." I lie through clenched teeth. I keep my eyes on the red head sneaking glares at Xander. Now I want to tear his head off too. Your angry and jealous, how cute.

"Oh, au contraire Selene, your sister heals and if you won't tell me where she is. I guess I'll find her myself. But let me warn you, if I find her I will show her no mercy." Zoë says still holding onto Xander. She gives him one last peck on the cheek and leaves through my used-to-be window.

I have exactly 5 minuets before Zoë and her goons go after my sister. I run upstairs put on my black skin suit and cloak. I pack some of our belongings in a suitcase and leave it by my room door. Grabbing Daphne and Lucians skin suits, I run back downstairs. Xander has lots of nerve still standing in my house. I finish picking out glass from my body and start towards the door. Xander clears his throat, I ignore him.

"Selene we need to talk." Ignore the boy.

I stop with my hand on the knob. Two minutes and thirty seconds. "Do you think I have time for that shit right now? How long have you known?" Xander doesn't respond.

"Sel, I wanted to tell you earlier. I just-"

"Didn't have time? You knew Zoë was coming here. But you didn't have time. Like it was too much for you to come find me? Or Lucian? I don't have time for this."

"Selene, it wasn't like that at all." Bull crud.

"Go suck it." I pull open the door

"You'll never make it. Just stop and let me explain"

"You know I'm faster than all vamps combined, Xander shut up" I slam the door and run. It's true I am fast for a vampire. I'm a special vamp, like Lucian, like my sister. The only difference is that Lucian and I hide our talents, and we thought Daphne did too. Xander has talents as well, he can sense peoples feelings. Even the feelings of humans. Not all vamps are lucky enough to be turned with a special ability. Zoë, isn't a special she's just a bitch. When the leader found out that the young girl he turned wouldn't harvest any special power, he almost killed her. I wonder what stopped him. I've met the leader a few times, he's a scary ass dude.

I reached her elementary school in five seconds. The school is relatively small compared to the highschool I go to. The office buzzes me and I run to Daphne's class. The teacher and students look to where I am standing. Daphne is sitting in the back talking to a human boy. She doesn't notice me until I'm standing one foot away from her. I can see she's surprised but she tries to explain anyway.

"Don't even start Daphne. We need to go now." I grab her by the arms and walk out.

I can hear her teacher calling out to us. "You need a parent consent!!" Screw parent consent, I would care if I actual had parents. You do have parents. They're dead, shut up.

We walk out the door then heading to my highschool. Before we go, I hand Daphne her skin suit.

"Here. Put this on. Now." She does as I say cause she knows not to question me. The skin suits help us breath while we run and conceal ourselves when we hide. I got them by saving a merchants ass from some werewolves about two hundred years ago. He was so grateful, he gave me six skin suits and explained what they were for. I kept three but gave Xander the rest. He needed them for his family too, his two little brothers.

Daphne and I walk in during passing period. Almost immediately people whisper. I've never told anyone here about Daphne, who looks like my carbon-copy. But today they aren't whispering about me, they're whispering about my sister. I can feel them talking about her not-normal blue and red eyes. Before Daphne got turned she was a blue eyed, blond girl. Now she has pale skin, black hair and blue eyes with red specks. When you get turned, you tend to look like another version of the person who turned you, the only thing you can keep from your human days is your eye color and even that's ruined by the red specks. I know what you're thinking, I didn't turn Daphne. Lucian, Daphne and I were turned by the same vampire but we have no idea who.

We find Lucian by his locker, his eyes bulged when he sees us in our skin suits. He wants to speak by I shake my head for him not too. He nods understandingly while putting the rest of his stuff in his locker. I hear someone clear their throat behind me. I turn around ready to bite, but it's only the principle.

"Selene come with me."

"No thanks" I say turning back to Lucian, who is watching the principle.

"Selene," the principle pleads "now!"

Obviously the dude didn't hear me the first time. I enjoy pissing the principal off, only wish I had time to do it to my full extent.Deciding not to answer him, I motion for Lucian to hurry. Lucian closes his locker door and takes the skin suit out of my hand. I walk around the principal with Lucian following me. The principal calls after me.

"YOUR PARENTS WILL BE HEARING ABOUT THIS SELENE!"

I laugh to myself. If he intends to contact my parents that means I'll be getting an email or a call in about ten to thirty minutes. As if the principal isn't enough Mary, the bitchiest of the plastics, stops right in front of me. Does everyone wish to stop me from leaving, or are humans just this annoying? It's both. I turn towards Lucian before Mary can talk.

"Take her back to the house, grab the suitcase by my door. I'll explain everything later."

He gives me a look, Lucian has the scariest facial expressions, that gave me chills. I'm glad he's my brother cause I would not want to be his enemy.

"Where are you going, Goth Girl," oh that's a new one. I nod to Lucian telling him to leave with Daphne. He walks away from Mary and I. "Why did you come back Loser? I thought you took a day off to go cut yourself." I'm ready to punch this girl through the wall. Suddenly Mary coughs hard, I laugh, she's sick she has the plague. She'll die anyway with or without my help. I push past her and follow Lucians tracks to my house.